Network Security Engineer (Contract)
The ideal candidate will have a passion for Network Security.
As a Network Security Engineer you will be expected to be skilled at identifying security gaps in infrastructure, process, and policies as it relates to Datacenter and Cloud technologies. You will be expected to work across different organizational business units identifying security gaps across a hybrid infrastructure as well as prioritize and assist in the remediation. The ideal candidate will effectively execute projects/initiatives to address the gaps, demonstrate excellent judgment, prioritization and communication of technical security risks, and act as a security liaison supporting business units.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Document and create security policies and standards around network security technologies such as IDS/IPS,WAF,AV, DLP,SASE,CASB, Next Generation Firewalls,Network Access Control, Automation and Orchestration tooling such as Algosec, Tufin, Firemon.
- Performs security assessments of highly sophisticated networking environments across a hybrid infrastructure and collaborates cross functionally in order to remediate.
- Develop and define reference Security Architecture for on prem inter vlan/zone communication and inter VPC/VNET/Project communication in Cloud infrastructure.
- Assist in architecting functional and non-functional requirements in Network infrastructure tooling.
- Serve as hands on technical expert working directly with IT teams to provide guidance on security across networking technologies.
- Must be well organized and able to leverage best practices, able to thrive in fast-paced environment, and, most importantly, have the ability to approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude.
- Be a strong thought leader and clearly communicate and build support for your ideas across the different organizational units.
- The drive and self-motivation to understand the intricate details of complex infrastructure environments.
- Knowledge and experience with Security defensive countermeasures using a defence in depth approach
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in cloud technologies in either AWS,Azure, GCP
- 5+ years of experience in working on data center networks.
- 5+ years experience in IDS/IPS.SIEM,SOAR,AV,DLP,WAF,CASB technologies.
- Deep, hands-on experience with TCP/IP protocols including capturing and analyzing traffic with Wireshark and/or other tools.
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security, or Information Systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Palo Alto firewalling technologies
- Knowledge of Network Access Control (ISE,Clearpass,Fortinac, Forescout)
- CISSP,SANS/GIAC,CCNP routing and switching CCNP Security,AWS Security specialty,AWS Advanced networking specialty,PCNSE.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.