Sr Staff/Staff Engineer (Security Architect)
Sr Staff/Staff Engineer (Security Architect)
We are looking for a Sr Staff/Staff Engineer (Security Architect) with strong background in security, architecture, design, and programming to be part of Nutanix Security team. You will get an opportunity to apply and broaden your expertise in distributed systems infrastructure. This role provides a unique opportunity to solve some of the hard security problems across many layers of our Nutanix Cloud OS.
- Architect, design and develop software to secure large scale enterprise and hybrid cloud.
- Design and develop authentication, authorization, auditing, data at rest encryption and other security features.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation, and product management teams to deliver high quality products and services in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues.
- Deep understanding of architecting and designing secure systems.
- Solid experience in C++, python, Java and/or C#.
- Strong knowledge in web protocols, operating systems (preferably Linux), hypervisors and distributed systems architecture.
- Deep understanding of Authentication protocols (Kerberos or similar) and Authorization models (fine grained permission model, RBAC and etc.)
- Experience in developing or integrating federated identity solutions using SAML, OAuth, OpenID (Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services or similar).
- Deep understanding of Cryptography and prior experience in using Symmetric Key and Asymmetric key encryption algorithms.
- Experience in platform security (least privileged design, software lockdown, auditing, security monitoring).
- Experience in distributed systems and cloud services is preferable.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of industry experience.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.