Designer Job Description
Nutanix is the leading cloud software company disrupting the multi-billion dollar datacenter space. Founded in 2009, Nutanix became a publicly held company (NTNX) in September 2016. Our mission: Make IT infrastructure invisible with an enterprise cloud platform that delivers the agility and economics of the public cloud — One OS, One Click. At 6000+ employees around the world, we're the fastest growing infrastructure company and we're just getting started!
With our breadth of engineering expertise, unique culture and focus on customer delight, we have maintained an average Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 90+.
"Design" and "Customer delight" are embedded in every step of our product cycle. Nutanix has a design first philosophy that brings consumer grade design and web scale engineering together to create an amazing user experience which has only been seen in the consumer world with the likes of Apple and Tesla. Visit our career’s page to know more about life at Nutanix.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about solving complex problems, and whose work demonstrates strong design aptitude for enterprise-level product design. The successful candidate is someone who is excited by the opportunity to work with a globally distributed design team and can help grow and connect design projects across Nutanix's worldwide offices.
The ideal candidate will,
- Understand enterprise problems with medium to high complexity and create simple and elegant user experiences.
- Successfully present concepts to key stakeholders and articulate the rationale for design decisions.
- Build consensus/convergence within the design team, engineering, product management and other stakeholders.
- Have the ability to design and execute research studies in the context of their design exercises.
- Have the ability to translate research insights into design solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to execute on simultaneous design-related activities.
- Showcase knowledge of design processes and understanding of the Eng Development processes.
- In the course of time, build a solid understanding of at least one product domain and develop a good reputation within the company in that domain.
- Have the ability to deliver advanced UX concepts, flows and wireframes.
- 3+ years of user experience design experience for web applications with a bachelor’s degree in design/ graphic design/ fine art/ computer science or related CS/design field.
- Passion for design, data visualization, telling customer stories and simplifying the complex problems.
- Strong working knowledge of latest wireframing/ design and prototyping tools.
- Familiar with user research techniques and usability testing (in-person and remote), user research, contextual inquiry, interviews, qualitative design analysis, and design thinking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and concisely towards building consensus.
- Interest in designing for enterprise software.
- Knowledge / experience is designing data visualizations.
- Have working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices.
Learn more about our product offering at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
To learn more about Design at Nutanix, hear our leaders speak about the importance of adopting a design-first approach in the org. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad9jO5fapXE
Additionally, you could also look at our VP of Design- Satish Ramachandran, sharing his thoughts about the design process for enterprise design at Nutanix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmdOa5CSVcg
You can learn about our design approach and design system guidelines at https://nutanix.design.
Refer our Medium blog and Twitter to know more about the kind of work we do in our products and as part of community outreach.
Medium - https://medium.com/nutanix-design
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NutanixDesign
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.