Software Engineer - Prism - (Java, Spring Boot, Microservices)
We are looking for a Software Engineer with strong background in programming, architecture, development, and automation to be part of Nutanix Prism Infra Team. Our team is working on exciting new challenges in building the Enterprise and Hybrid Cloud Management Stacks. The next generation of hybrid cloud products will require extreme portability between on-prem data centers as well as public clouds. Nutanix’s vision of Making Clouds Invisible is leading the way in delighting our customers with choices to run their IT workloads in the most cost efficient and flexible way without vendor lock-in. If you are up to the challenge and would like to be a part of a team that makes history, then this job might be for you.
- Engineer leading the Prism platform architecture, design and development for Nutanix’s leading Enterprise and Hybrid Cloud Management Stack.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership and working closely with engineering developers within and across teams on the next generation platform for Prism Hybrid Cloud Management and Application Services on this platform.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering Management, Product and Software Lead Architects in refining detailed requirements, helping plan key delivery milestones and technical risk analysis/mitigation, and in end-to-end product lifecycle development and support.
- Programming Languages: Java/SpringBoot (strongly desirable), Python/Golang/C++ (good to have)
- System Skills: Linux application development, debugging. Familiar with Linux filesystems, networking, multithreading, inter-process communication primitives required for Linux application development.
- Cloud Skills: Containers, Docker, Kubernetes. Migrating monolith applications to microservices deployed via Pods in Kubernetes. Familiar with one of AWS, Azure or GCP
- Open Source Infrastructure: One of Apache Kafka, NATS or Pulsar. Familiar with one of Prometheus, Elastic, Grafana
- Virtual Systems Management: Familiar with one of ESXi, KVM virtualization systems management - creating/deploying VM’s and Images, Image Lifecycle Management
- Familiar with one of Agile, DevOps, Test Driven Development
- Experience of Software Development Experience in Product Development Companies with full end to end lifecycle development and support in at least 2 products
- Demonstrate innovation and technology leadership via patents and/or technical conferences
- Demonstrates strong mentorship and technical capability skill building
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or related field.
- 7-15 years of industry experience.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.