DevOps Engineer- Networking
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
We are looking for a DevOps Network focused Engineer who could join and be part of our dynamic and growing Developer productivity team. Our team is very passionate, dedicated, and self-motivated. This position provides a great breadth in both architecting, delivering and operating critical environments in a micro-services architecture on a new cloud platform. You need to have a strong base in networking fundamentals, plus internet scale networking, and also be comfortable with microservices and configuration management. Services include source code and artifact repositories, build and test fleets, as well as overall scalable network design.
- 5+ years of paid experience with managing mission critical systems with a hard uptime requirement (ie company loses money if service isn’t working)
- Expert in internet networking technologies, TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, segmentation strategies, firewalling techniques, multi-datacenter, multi-route, and continuously available topologies
- Experience configuring eBGP, iBGP, manipulating routing with community strings, anycast, and both global and local load balancing techniques, as well as route reflectors, route summarization techniques, and influencing both inbound and outbound traffic
- Expert knowledge of layer 2 & 3 networking protocols, including but not limited to spanning tree, QinQ, SDN (particularly BigSwitch), VPN, etc
- Ability to work as part of a global multidisciplinary team
- Familiar with distributed / horizontally scalable firewall techniques such as bpf
- Excellent written and verbal communications, able to effectively explain complex topics to both technical and business audiences
- Experience with network troubleshooting techniques, capacity planning, and network surveillance/monitoring
- Knowledge of operating systems concepts
- Ability to understand existing APIs and produce automation that uses them
- Significant cloud (AWS/GCP) experience, design patterns, limitations, and cost containment techniques
- Prior experience implementing significant technology redesign projects
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Able to design and implement distributed monitoring systems such as IPFIX/netflow/sflow for the purposes of application performance monitoring, security, and anomaly detection
- Strong understanding of technical network based security as well as experience in operating in environments with compliance requirements (IDS, IDP)
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.