Member of Technical Staff - Software-Defined Networking
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
The Networking team is seeking a passionate software engineer to build a multi-tenant networking solution for Nutanix’s hybrid- and multi-cloud environments. As a member of the team, you will design and implement end-to-end services with a specific focus on cloud, distributed systems, scale, and performance.
In this role, you will:
- Design and develop new Python, Java, and/or Golang based services to manage cloud scale networking solutions.
- Collaborate with a team of developers, test engineers, and product managers.
- Leverage and contribute to existing open source/cloud native technologies to solve engineering problems.
- Evaluate and improve performance, scalability, and resilience.
Engage with customers and support teams to solve production issues.
Who you are:
- Strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective written and oral communication.
- Curiosity to learn and explore new technologies
- Proven critical thinking and a bias for action.
- Fluent in at least one of the programming languages - Python, C, Java, Go.
- Strong systems programming and design skills.
- Solid understanding of fundamental network protocols.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in software-defined networking and cloud networking technologies.
What will help you succeed:
- Demonstrable experience in building horizontally scalable REST based microservices using framework/technologies such as gRPC, APIs, Kubernetes.
- Thrive in a CI/CD environment.
- Experience with OVS DPDK and NIC offloads.
- Familiarity or involvement with open source SDN projects.
- Experience with any of AWS, GCP or Azure stack is a plus.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.