Registered Nurse (RN) Per Diem, No. WV Home Health
COVID-19 VACCINE INFORMATION: To protect our patients, our workforce and our community, Valley Health is requiring that all newly hired employees and internal transfers (current employees requesting internal transfers) be fully vaccinated. Newly hired Applicants (those not currently employed by Valley Health) who have been offered a position will have to provide documentation of their vaccination status at the time of their Employee Health appointment. For internal transfers, Employee Health will contact you if they have questions around your vaccination status. Valley Health has a process for applicants who have been offered a position to request an exemption or deferral for medical or religious reasons. To search for vaccine locations, visit vaccines.gov.
- Entity: Valley Regional Enterprises
- Shift: Day with Rotating Weekends
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
The home health nurse provides direct patient care in the patient’s home environment as part of a multidisciplinary team including PT, OT, speech, social work and the home health aide. The nurse evaluates patients and uses professional judgment to design the individualized plan of care which best meets the patient’s needs. The nurse provides direct, one-on-one patient care, and supervises care provided by aides. The home health agency relies heavily on technology; e-mail is a primary means of communication and documentation is completed in an electronic medical record via laptop. The patient population varies widely across the spectrums of acuity, age, and diagnoses. Additional job duties include performance improvement work, policy and procedure review and development, research, etc. Working in home health provides endless variety of setting, scenery, and clinical challenges, and provides a unique opportunity to enter and work within the real life environments of our patients, bringing meaningful change to their daily lives.
What You Will Bring:
This position requires a person with a positive attitude, who is pleasant and cooperative, displaying a professional demeanor with patients, families' physicians and fellow employees. This position requires the ability to remain productive under stress. Demonstrates VALUES behavior in all interactions.
Associates Nursing (RN Diploma, ASN or ADN) required *
Bachelors Nursing (BSN) preferred
* Refer to Education Progression Nursing Policy: HR408 for future education requirements As of 2/1/2015, newly hired registered nurses holding a nursing diploma, ASN or ADN (associate’s degree in nursing) will sign an agreement to enroll in a BSN (bachelor’s degree in nursing) program within TWO (2) years of the employment start date and complete the BSN within FIVE (5) years of their employment start date.
Two years RN experience
Advancement to this level requires a minimum of 1872 full-time or part-time hours (936 if hold BSN) of RN experience and completion of a performance evaluation.
Certification & Licensures
RN License required *
BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) - American Heart ‘Healthcare Provider’ (HCP) - AHA approved required **
Relevant Specialty Certification preferred
* Based on primary state of residency and in accordance with current West Virginia Board of Nursing Regulations, must be licensed or eligible to practice pending licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia and/or West Virginia (as applicable depending on geographical area) with either a Multi-state license, under the Nurse Licensure Compact.
** New hires must have American Heart Association (AHA) appropriate certification prior to completion of orientation.
• Meets all requirements of a RN I
• Competent to provide care based on the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological stages of human growth and development
• Competent to provide care using the nursing process
• Must have a reliable means of phone communication with hospital
Criminal Background Checks
WV State Police
3rd Party Background Check
WV State Police Fingerprinting
What You Will Get:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
*some benefits are subject to change due to job status
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
20 A Nursing, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Patient Care Tech.