Medical Director Avian & Exotic Veterinarian - The Center for Avian and Exotic Medicine
The Center for Avian and Exotic Medicine has an incredible opportunity for a Medical Director to join the team. Top candidates are experienced in Avian & Exotic, board-certified/board eligible, or have enough clinical experience to be ready to jump into our thriving practice. Ideally if not board-certified, the doctor will have a strong interest in becoming certified in ABVP or ACZM. $100,000 Signing Bonus available!!!
Located on the affluent Upper West Side of Manhattan, we are the only exclusively avian and exotic hospital in New York City. We boast a beautiful and spacious facility tailored to the special needs of exotic patients, as well as a wonderful staff of licensed technicians and professionals. In addition to talented team members, the hospital has highly specialized surgical instruments and diagnostic tools tailored to the unique needs of our patients. We are always evaluating and adding new products and equipment based on the changing needs of this dynamic field.
The Center is staffed with five full-time veterinarians. Our 7-day-a-week practice is vibrant, exciting, and filled with opportunity. We also have a high surgical case-load and the position requires exceptional surgical skills including small mammal, reptilian, and avian soft tissue, orthopedic, and spay/neutering. We are dedicated to providing exceptional client service and patient care while ensuring our employees have a balanced lifestyle.
We are a vibrant and friendly team that supports continuing education on every level from lecturing at and attending national meetings, teaching students and residents, to daily doctor's rounds.
The Medical Director is a working part of the team, and in this role, we seek:
- An experienced veterinarian with 3 years or more experience in Avian & Exotic Medicine.
- A commitment to building and nurturing trusted relationships with our on-site and referring veterinarians.
- Passion for making our core values come to life each day – empathetic, collaborative, supportive, and trustworthy.
- Excellent diagnostic capabilities, with soft tissue surgical skills a plus.
- Compassionate individual, dedicated to the client and patient care.
- Proven results in fostering a work environment of teamwork and emotional intelligence.
- Partnership with the Practice Manager and Support office on recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of veterinarians.
- Involvement in budgetary decisions regarding inventory, products, and staff labor.
- Comfort with coaching, developing performance improvement plans and disciplinary action
- Collaboration with Regional Operations team and support initiatives and policies
- Experience and comfort scheduling meetings & clinical time for the doctor team and assisting leads with their team schedules if needed.
- Attendance in all operational meetings and workshops (some travel required)
The Center for Avian & Exotic Medicine is part of Thrive Pet Healthcare and proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members:
- Competitive compensation
- Veterinary Incentive Plan (VIP)
- Relocation Assistance Package
- Health benefits (vision/dental/life insurance too)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Annual CE Stipend and more!
- 401k w/ employer match
- Annual Paid Time Off
- Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
You take great care of Animals. We take great care of YOU!
Apply today at the link or reach out directly - Jennifer Andersen, [email protected]
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.