Founded in 2003, Thrive Pet Healthcare has grown from a single veterinary practice to over 400+ primary, specialty, and acute veterinary hospitals throughout the US.
Our Belief: We believe that that the pets who bring wellness and joy to all of us deserve exceptional care from people and professionals who are loved, respected, and thriving too.
Our Mission: To nurture pets and their families through meaningful relationships and exceptional pet care. We aim to create the world’s most trusted, innovative and connected pet healthcare ecosystem.
Genuine care is at the heart of everything we do. Whether we are taking care of pets or people who care for pets.
We lead the industry with empathy and continue to raise the bar on fundamental and holistic care of veterinary caregivers through industry-first financial, mental, and physical wellbeing programs.
We are currently seeking an experienced Accountant to join our team. This role will be focusing on cash reconciliation and a primary contributor to month-end, quarter-end and year-end general ledger close processes and will assist with other projects as needed.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with cash entry and cash reconciliation process for the individual hospital accounts
- Prepare journal entries and perform account level analysis as part of month-end close
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations for complex accounts
- Analyze and adjust balance sheet accounts as required
- Monitor and analyze accounting data in conjunction with month-end close
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and GAAP
- Lead process improvement and automation initiatives
- Work with external auditors
- Adhere to proper accounting methods, controls, policies and principles
- Respond to financial inquiries received from operations and third party owners
- Other projects as needed
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in accounting, specifically GAAP-compliant accounting and financial reporting
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Strong accounting knowledge and understanding of the GAAP requirements
- Ability to efficiently manipulate large amounts of data using Microsoft Excel
- Possess excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Attention to detail is critical for this role
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with attention to detail
- Positive attitude, energetic and upbeat personality
- Ability to consistently communicate with a high-level of emotional intelligence
- Workday software experience is a plus
- Large company, multi-store retail or previous joint venture/partnership experience is a plus