Inside Account Executive - San Jose
We are looking for an accomplished, quota-carrying Account Executive (Inside Sales) to drive our technology and super-serve our customers. If you have a passion for Enterprise Cloud Technology and an interest in how it can impact businesses; we want to talk with you.
You will be joining a unique team. People who succeed at Nutanix have a sense of urgency, a lot of initiative, a commitment to customer success, and enthusiasm about pushing the edge… as well as a sense of humor. We provide interesting work, great products, new things to learn, and the freedom to make the job work the way you like it.
If you join our team in Durham, you will complete our Inside Sales Field Readiness Academy. Our Sales Academy teaches you the building blocks of cloud, data center, and high tech as well as drilling into the fundamentals of selling and cold calling. The goal is to develop and prepare inside sales reps to become high performing field reps. After being a successful IAE, you can be on the fast track to move out to the field anywhere in the US that has an opening and build your own territory. Top performers have a clear path to field sales in at little as 1-2 years!
Together, we will create the next long-standing iconic technology company and do extraordinary things. So if you are ready to do your best work, come and join us!
- Attain a minimum of 100% Quota attainment selling into the SMB or Commercial Space
- Maintain and submit accurate weekly forecasts
- Qualify new opportunities, present Nutanix solutions, overcome objections, negotiate and close business over the phone & WebEx
- Manage and build pipeline that is 3-5X assigned quota
- Maintain a high-level of daily activity including customer/partner calls, meetings and pipeline generated
- Team with Channel, Field & Marketing teams to build your business
- Build and execute against your SMB business plan
- Experience in high tech quota carrying sales
- Experience managing the entire sales cycle from prospecting to close
- Excellent communication (interpersonal and presentation) and closing skills, and have successfully applied these in inside sales
- Knowledge of datacenter technologies such as virtualization, storage, servers, cloud and networking
- Experience transacting and going to market with Channel partners
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- High energy, drive, and sense of responsibility
- Positive attitude
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2 years previous revenue quota sales experience with a track record of success
- Limited travel requirements (<15%)
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.