Sr. Database Solution Architect (APAC)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
As Sr Database Solutions Architect (APAC), you will combine your deep technical subject matter expertise with a keen understanding of how to address the critical business needs of our customers through Nutanix products and solutions, particularly Nutanix Era. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role engaging teams and customers across the APAC region.
Named the 2018 CRN hyperconverged infrastructure product of the year, Nutanix Era automates and simplifies database administration, bringing one-click simplicity and invisible operations to database provisioning and life cycle management.
With diverse use cases across industries, competitive market positioning and high potential ROI for customers, Nutanix Era is quickly becoming one of Nutanix's most popular products.
- Support Nutanix sales teams on large and/or strategic opportunities
- Engage with senior technical decision makers throughout the sales process
- Present and discuss the value proposition(s) associated with your area of specialisation
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within select accounts to identify opportunities and sell Nutanix Solutions
- Ability to leverage and maximise reseller/alliance partner relationships to increase sales
- Create and deliver technical product and solution presentations and/or training sessions to customers, partners, and Nutanix SEs as needed
- Install, support, and maintain Nutanix solutions during Proof of Concept (POC) deployments
- Stay well ahead of the learning curve in your area of expertise and related business trends
- 8+ years in technical pre-sales role with expertise in understanding customer needs, overcome objections, assist in the development of business cases, and help close deals.
- 10+ years of hands-on deep subject matter expertise with one or more databases and operating Systems: expertise with Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server required; experience with other commercial and open source databases preferred.
- Deep expertise in one or more of the following areas: Server Virtualisation; Networking, Storage, Platform and Database Performance tuning
- Experience in architecting, designing and deploying complex Oracle or SQL Server databases.
- Exposure to SAP, SAP HANA Basis administration
- Deep understanding of Linux performance reports and experience in sizing and capacity planning complex workloads.
- Exposure to modern Database Management products such as Delphix, Actifio, Netapp Snapmanager etc. Hands on experience preferred.
- Coding experience in one or more programming languages (Python, Java, Powershell, C) and experience with infrastructure automation frameworks such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.
- Broad database/analytics experience in other technologies like NoSQL DB, MongoDB, OBIEE
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years prior Sales Engineering or Reseller experience in a high-tech sales environment with a demonstrated track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology
- Fluency in English
- Competitive salary package, (base, super, commission and perks)
- Stock Purchasing Plan, Equity rewards program for high performers
- Comprehensive private health insurance for you and your family
- Flexible, outcome-driven work environment – work from offices across Australia, Asia or home as needed.
- Industry leading product, sales and industry training/certifications
- Yearly international sales and product conferences (often in Silicon Valley Head Office or Las Vegas)
Travel: Travel as required (circa 25%)
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.