Database Solutions Architect - North-Europe
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The Nutanix Solutions Architect (SA) combines deep technical expertise with a keen understanding of how to address the critical business needs of enterprise customers through Nutanix products and solutions. The SA is a high-impact, high-visibility role, and is considered to be the pinnacle of the Systems Engineering career path at Nutanix.
- Be a self-starter who can flourish in a dynamic technology company
- Support our sales teams on large and/or strategic opportunities
- Love for solving complex distributed database system problems
- Engage with senior technical decision makers throughout the sales process
- Present and discuss the value proposition(s) associated with your specialization
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within select accounts to see opportunities and sell Nutanix Solutions
- Ability to demonstrate and improve reseller/alliance partner relationships to increase sales
- Build and deliver technical product and solution presentations and/or training sessions to customers, partners, and Nutanix SEs as needed
- Install, support, and maintain Nutanix solutions during Proof of Concept (POC) deployments
- Stay well ahead of the learning curve in your area of expertise and related business trends
- Deep domain expertise with one of the RDBMS technologies like Oracle, Microsoft SQL, DB2 or PostgreSQL
- Experience in architecting, designing and deploying complex database deployments and helping customers build DBaaS architecture
- Hands-on experience with Oracle/MSSQL databases, understanding AWR/PerfMon Reports and experience in sizing and design of complex workloads.
- Broad database/analytics experience around other technologies like NoSQL DB Workloads like MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB is desired
- Proven experience one or more of the following areas:
- Application Virtualization
- Server Virtualization
- Maintain relationships with technical resources at all levels of a customer organization
- Deep understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in the development of business cases, and technically close deals
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, capable of quickly learning new products and technologies
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Ability to travel within the United States as required
- Experience selling servers, storage hardware, or networking
- Strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX
- Extraordinary teammate that works well in dynamic situations and startup environments
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years prior Sales Engineering or Reseller experience in a high-tech sales environment with a proven track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.