*Certified Veterinary Technician
Certified Veterinary Technician- ER/ICU
Hoffman Estates, IL
More than a word, care is present in everything you do. , Thrive Pet Healthcare Specialists- Hoffman Estates we take action to empower your best care for pets, their families, and yourself.
We are a community of 400 clinics forming an extraordinary network of unparalleled resources and people. Through outstanding learning and career options, comprehensive benefits, and abundant support, you’ll be nurtured and appreciated for who you are and what you bring to the table. We come together in both the joys and heartaches of our profession to lift each other up through laughter and empathy.
And, we have plenty of fun along the way!
Who we are
Opening October 2023!
Our newly constructed space will be home to seven specialties, starting October 2023! Our floor plan offers a modern and open-concept feel including a large break area with all the amenities to relax and enjoy where you work. There is a thoughtfully planned patient care area and so much more. Take a sneak peek here!
Step outside the hospital doors and enjoy a scenic walk along Poplar Creek Trail located in Show Factory Road Prairie Nature Preserve. Play a few holes on the way to work at the Hilldale Golf Club, less than 2 miles away. Want to unwind after a shift? Catch a movie at the nearby AMC or visit one of several popular nearby eateries with coworkers and family. This area is full of nice neighborhoods and high-quality public schools.
Provide your best care with more bridges and fewer barriers.
Thrive Pet Healthcare Specialists- Hoffman Estates is looking for a Certified Veterinary Technician tto join us as part of the Thrive Pet Healthcare community.
As a Certified Veterinary Technician, you’ll play an important role in pets’ lives by providing end-to-end care for our precious patients. Your life-changing work will range from the hands-on care of facilitating outpatient treatments and performing laboratory tests, to support services including admitting and discharging patients.
- Support veterinarians to ensure quality veterinary care, advocate for pets, and educate clients.
- With each hospital function, assist veterinarians and the medical team to maximize productivity and maintain positive patient flow.
- Assist with surgeries and procedures in accordance with your state's Veterinary Practice Act outlined for credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Communicate with clients about individualized pet health concerns and offer guidance on Thrive Membership options, medications, and additional treatments.
- Assist in maintaining relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems.
- Obtain relevant health history and information from clients and maintain medical charts.
- Use safe restraining techniques, follow standard protocols, and sustain clean, sterile, organized treatment areas, exam rooms, and labs.
- Be willing to guide, mentor, and support fellow team members.
Experience & Skills Requirements:
- CVT is required for this position.
- Anesthesia experience is required.
- A strong knowledge base of medical treatments including but not limited to; CRI setup/maintenance, NG tubes, central line placement, glucose curves, post-surgical care, oxygen-dependent patients, blocked cats, etc.
- A strong knowledge base of infectious diseases and systemic disorders is key.
- Accurately performs routine, in-house laboratory procedures, including the collection, preparation, and handling of all specimens according to hospital protocols.
- An up-to-date knowledge base of laboratory testing and the necessary samples needed for submission.
- Ability to articulate professional veterinary verbiage while maintaining a medical record.
- Exercise a high level of communication with clients and referral partners.
- Provide compassionate patient care.
- Understands basic emergency care including CPR.
- Has motivation and takes initiative to help teammates in any situation.
You’ll Grow With Us
Here, you can grow your career as best fits you through access to comprehensive learning and skillset programs. You can build your skills and earn credentials through:
- Our vast, diverse, and free library of continuing education courses - ThriveU
- Live, virtual interactive workshops to develop valuable leadership skills
- A program to designed to teach you the fundamentals of running a pet hospital
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA Accreditation and become a Vet Tech through our fully accredited distance-learning program for veterinary technicians
- Scholarship opportunities and tuition reimbursement
And, with so many locations nationwide, you can find and move into any specialty, hospital type, or environment. Join us and provide your best care at a clinic that is deeply rooted within its community and bolstered by the resources of Thrive Pet Healthcare.
Benefits – our care in action
We provide benefits spread comprehensively across your mental, physical, emotional, and financial well-being designed to meet your needs as a unique individual. Some key benefits include:
- Paid time off including 8 weeks of full-pay parental leave, bereavement to grieve both humans and pets, and time off for new pet adoptions
- Top-quality medical, dental, and vision insurance plus health savings account and flexible spending account
- Pet perks include free exams, discounts on products and services, and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations
- Generously subsidized backup and ongoing care support for children, adults, and pets
- Mental health benefits including coaching and therapy sessions
- 401k with employer contribution and no waiting period
- Continuing education and development support through our library of free CE courses and paid time off to complete
- Scholarship opportunities and student loan support program
and so much more!
Compensation is negotiable based on credentials and experience. The actual rate offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.