ER Veterinarian - Full Time and Part Time available
**GENEROUS SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE (For FT) + RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE**
Metropolitan Animal Emergency and Specialty Center is looking to add a Full-Time Emergency Veterinarian to our growing practice. Part-time hours are also available.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experienced in ER medicine
- Interested in a team approach to ER Medicine
- Craves a work/life balance
- New Grads are welcome to apply! Mentorship will be provided.
A quick summary about us:
Who: We are an established 24/7 emergency hospital in the area (doors opened over 40 years ago) that is home to a staff of full and part-time veterinarians with a very low turnover. We like it here! We have a great collaborative environment with awesome support staff.
What: Here are the details –
- Full-time or Part-time available.
- Enjoy a fixed schedule made up of 10 shifts per 4 weeks!
- We are looking for a veterinarian who is comfortable and capable of seeing emergency cases alone.
- Our ER vets perform surgery, but it is not necessarily required.
- We have a brand new in-house ultrasound, digital radiology, in-house Idexx, and Heska lab equipment as well as SmartFlow and Cubex.
- Successful applicants must be compassionate, have a team player attitude, possess good communication skills, and strive to always learn and improve.
Where: Our practice is located in a brand new facility in Rockville, MD, a suburb of Washington, DC. Our employees live a little of everywhere - in the city, the suburbs, and in rural areas all within a commutable distance to the hospital. The area has so much to offer including all the tourist sites of the city, great food and drink, nearby outdoor activities, and easy access to mountains and beaches. There is something for everyone.
When: Our schedules are the best! Our schedules are fixed week to week meaning we do not rotate through overnights/weekends/days. This allows us to maintain a routine and balance outside of work.
You take great care of Animals. We take great care of YOU!
Unique ways we can help you THRIVE!
- We offer a Veterinary-Specific EAP, with mental health support available 24/7/365 through phone, web, text, and onsite at hospitals.
- Family Planning Support through Carrot. Offering free expert advice and discount for egg freezing, IVF, donor and gestational carrier services, and adoption.
- We offer Student loan support through Tuition.io.
- Generously subsidized backup and ongoing care support for children, adults, and pets through Bright Horizons Whole Family Care.
- Pet Perks include free exams, discounts on products and services, and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations.
- Paid time off including parental leave, bereavement to grieve both humans and pets, and time off for new pet adoptions.
- Our Perks at Work Marketplace with over 30,000 discounts on everything from cars to travel to home/garden.
What WE can offer YOU!:
- Bonus opportunities with our VIP Program: Veterinary Incentive Plan, or a Generous Sign-on Bonus (for FT)
- Competitive Salary
- Annual discretionary fund (CE, books, fees/dues, conferences, etc)
- 401k match
- Health/ Vision/ Dental benefits
- Part of an entire ecosystem of support including access to our Specialty, ER, UC, and other GP locations.
- Direct access to medical leadership to discuss cases and address any questions or concerns.
At Thrive, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.