Urgent Care Veterinarian - Pet Emergency & Specialty Center - East County
The Pet Emergency & Specialty Center in San Diego is looking to add an Urgent Care/Walk-In Veterinarian at our progressive Multi-Specialty & ER Hospital The service will operate out of a stand-alone facility adjacent to the primary hospital. The PESC is located in La Mesa, an independent city within the San Diego area. Additionally, we have a 24/7 ER/Critical Care facility located in Chula Vista/Southern San Diego. Our practice has been an integral part of the San Diego community and have been providing high quality care and medicine to our clients and pets for the past 20 + years. We offer a friendly and collaborative environment and enjoy a special camaraderie among doctors as well with all our staff. We are looking for a talented Doctor to join our team, who is passionate about providing incredible service to our devoted client base, and someone who will embody our philosophy of promoting excellence in medicine and service to our clients, referring veterinarians and each other.
Who we are:
- We are a 24/7 Multi-Specialty & ER Hospital that offers services in Dermatology, , Internal Medicine, Surgery, ER/Critical Care, Oncology, Exotics and Ophthalmology.
- We have a team of highly trained ER doctors and talented specialists including an Internist, Surgeon, 2 Criticalists, a Dermatologist, 2 Ophthalmologist, Exotics Specialists, and 10+ Internship trained ER doctors.
- We offer a positive, collaborative, and friendly work environment.
- We value colleagues who work well with others and genuinely enjoy interacting with clients and referring Veterinarians.
- We have an extensive support network and are excited to help the right individual develop and advance professionally.
The Ideal Urgent Care Veterinarian:
- Able to efficiently handle minor emergencies surgeries and outpatient cases that are not life threatening such as lacerations, limping/painful pets, hypersensitivity reactions, vomiting and/or diarrhea, ear infections, urinary tract infections, non-obstructed FLUTD/FUS patients etc.
- Excited to work with our referring veterinarians and our Emergency and Critical Care department as a team to provide exceptional service to clients, patients and referring doctors.
- Leadership opportunities and the professional possibilities associated with developing a new service within our hospital and Pathway.
- Committed to providing the best care and service to our clients and pets.
- Motivated to meet and exceed the established standards of care.
- Internship trained or 2-3 years of experience preferred.
Pet Emergency Specialty Center is part of Pathway Vet Alliance and proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members:
- Competitive compensation
- Veterinary Incentive Plan (VIP)
- Relocation Assistance Package
- Health benefits (vision/dental/life insurance too)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Annual CE Stipend and more!401k w/ employer match
- Annual Paid Time Off
- Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
Outside of work, there’s so much to do in San Diego and the surrounding areas. The hospital is in a great location close to beaches and downtown, 15-30 minutes from great mountain-hiking, biking and horseback riding, and driving distance to ski resorts. This is the heart of the Southern California lifestyle: no sport, hobby or professional/personal interest is out of reach. We want our team to enjoy life outside of work and San Diego is an amazing place to do that.
Apply today! Come join our TEAM, we look forward to hearing from you!
Apply today at the link or reach out directly - Stephanie Ramos - [email protected]
At Pathway, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.