Housekeeper - Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital
Under the direction of the housekeeping supervisor, provides for the constant cleanliness of all hospital areas.
Monday-Friday 6 AM-11 AM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Wash and dry towels and blankets, including keeping machine in proper working order and the laundry area clean, organized and stocked.
- Perform general cleaning in treatment, reception and surgery rooms.
- Empty trash and recycling for all areas.
- Patrol hospital grounds daily, picking up any trash.
- Vacuuming and mopping, including stairs and prior to any CE event.
- Dusting, cleaning windows, cabinets, doors and handles.
- Scrub sinks, toilets, counters and clean mirrors.
- Restock TP, paper towels and soap.
- Wipe stalls in lobby restrooms.
- Clean counters and table surfaces in all lunch areas.
- Wipe off cabinets and keep the refrigerators clean.
- Set up meeting spaces per needs of the meeting.
- Perform work according to established methods or following special instructions.
- Follow the hospital policies and procedures.
- Other duties assigned as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Must have basic knowledge of general cleaning and sanitary procedures.
- Must have basic knowledge of building and yard maintenance to maintain clean, odor-free and attractive environments.
- Must be able to lift and carry materials of up to forty pounds, multiple times per day.
- Frequently requires handling of materials of up to twenty pounds.
- Must be able to walk and or stand for long periods of time, frequent time spent in a bent position.
- Must be able to use cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency.
- Must be able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Education: Equivalent to completion of the 12th grade.
- Work is normally performed inside; some outside work is required.
- Exposure to unpleasant odors and noises.
- Exposure to animal wastes.
- Possible exposure to contagious diseases.