Senior Citrix/VDI Consultant
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.Job Summary
The Nutanix Global Services Organization (GSO) delivers a strong influence on the success of each Nutanix implementation by its customers. The GSO function ensures success by engaging with customers in the pre-sales and post-sales stages by assisting in their software-defined data center (SDDC) strategy and architecture. Besides helping customers implement Nutanix products successfully, the GSO team, working with our partners, ensures customer success in fully implementing their virtualized and software-defined data centers. The Nutanix GSO Consulting function includes Assessment, Design, Implementation and integration/automation Services, Project/Engagement Management.
The Senior Consultant position is responsible for a 70/30 mix of Billable work and Practice Development with a focus on advanced services such as assessment, design, planning, implementations and integration/automation while acting as subject matter expert for the company.
- Billable Project work 70% of time.
- Practice Development/R&D to prototype and vet new service offerings.
- Participate in a limited pre-sales involvement to provide services overlay to the existing sales motion primarily as a SME.
- Training and enablement of Nutanix channel partners.
- Experience with Microsoft Virtualization Technologies and Azure pack.
- AWS certified solutions professional.
- MCSA and MCSE required.
- Deep understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM, HyperV) and storage fabric (SAN, NAS) is a must. Deep understanding of software-defined storage with a particular focus on distributed storage is a must.
- Developer mindset with a high comfort level to build automation on billable projects using one or more automation tools or orchestration frameworks such as VMware vCO, Microsoft Systems Center Orchestrator, PowerShell, Python, Bash, Puppet, Chef.
- Ability to be technically hands-on in servicing the requirements of a client.
- Excellent communication skills including writing white papers position paper, giving presentations and other forms or Knowledge Transfer.
- Up to 70% domestic travel.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as traveling consultant in the storage, virtualization, VDI and or cloud space.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.