UX Designer (Xi Clusters) (f/m/d)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
As part of Global Design organization, the Berlin team is seeking UX designer to join our creative forces. Can you demonstrate strong design skills within the enterprise or commercial product and service environment? Are you passionate about creating simple and enjoyable experiences for enterprise customers and work with cutting edge technology? Then you will feel at home in our fast growing, international design team.
We are looking for someone who can take the lead in the development of a new product and work closely with developers and project managers to translate customer insights into new features and simple workflows.
In our newly established design and development center in Berlin, we rely on your empathy and positive energy to help us shape and develop our young culture to build a people-focused and design driven workplace where we all love to spend our time.
Our perfect candidate will:
- Take ownership to lead user research and design efforts by collaborating with a broader team of Designers, Product Managers, UI Developers, Backend Engineers and other Leaders across the globe
- Conduct design research in German language and actively communicate gathered findings and proposed success criteria
- Translate market and customer research insights into product concepts and wireframes
- Share Nutanix culture and process at the new Design Center in Berlin
- Help to identifying talent, hiring and scaling the team
- Set new standards within the area of hybrid cloud computing
- Work with visual designers, UI development and backend engineering teams to ensure effective execution of designs
- Challenge status quo with attention to detail on UX and user interactions
- Bring a strong Design and UX portfolio in enterprise or consumer product development
Required skill set:
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-moving environment, juggle multiple projects, and prioritize work for yourself and others
- Stay current on technology trends to inform and inspire modern design
- Has strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong proficiency in current Design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Suite and prototyping tools
- Must present and communicate their design work to all stakeholders
- Ability to explain rationale for design decisions within a larger context.
- Manage project status and shares design iterations
- Understands the mission and goals of design and can communicate this to product teams
- 3+ years of experience within the area of User Experience Design for web applications
- Bachelor’s degree in design/ graphic design/ fine art/ computer science or related CS/design field
- Proficient in User Research techniques and reports.
- Strong working knowledge of latest Wireframing / design and prototyping tools
- Familiar with Usability testing (in person and remote), user research, contextual inquiry, interviews, qualitative design analysis, and design thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively and concisely
- Experience working across multiple phases of design
- Fluent/Advanced German and English skills
- Strong interest in digital design and software products
- Have working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices
Please submit both portfolio and CV for your application.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.