MTS - Software Development, Platform Solutions (Senior Level)
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks: healthcare, plenty of snacks, employee (and family) events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more. See what life is like at Nutanix by following us on Twitter: @NutanixCareers and Instagram: @Nutanix
Platform Solutions Developer (Senior Profile)
How often does one get to be part of a company's epic journey, which gives an opportunity to look back in a few years and say - "you know what, it all started with the small team that I was a key member of".
If you are a senior engineer or architect with a track record of building scalable products & solutions in Data Center and Virtualisation space, and continue to love the chosen path (IC), then Nutanix can offer you an outstanding platform to continue to grow and have a fulfilling career.
We are looking for technology guides, architects and pioneers for our Platform Solutions team to help us move passionately towards Software Play model.
You should be adept at collaborating with Product Management and Software Engineering teams to translate business requirements into Product Designs & Delivery Models, have balanced debates on Pros & Cons with other senior members of the teams across geo, implement PoCs, present the proposals to Senior Management etc.
- Be the Solution Designer & Architect for the Software & Tools eco-system required to transform Nutanix into a Pure Software Player in the extremely competitive market that every incumbent wants to get to.
- Work with Senior Management & Product Management teams to translate business needs into deliverable Software, Tools & Solutions.
- Work with other seniors across geo to weigh the Pros & Cons of one design/approach vs the others, and help arrive at a viable & sustainable solution.
- Foster a culture of innovation by triggering and facilitating meaningful conversations and discussions across the Platforms team.
- Lead the way and help the team to build IP and Value beyond the execution and delivery requirements.
- Lead by example on evaluations, PoCs, Demos etc. and be the Technical interface from Platforms team to the outer world (Sales, Marketing, PM, OEM partners etc.)
- Review Test Plans, Automation Design, and provide constructive feedback to improve on quality of deliverables.
- Play the role of a Quality Advocate doe all development, testing, tooling and automation activities, in the spirit of - Quality is Everyone's Responsibility.
Required Skills and Experience
- Thorough understanding of modern x86 server architectures, deep knowledge OS & Virtualisation software.
- Hands-on development experience on Linux/KVM/ESXi/Xen and various drivers (BMC, BIOS, HBA, Network, Storage etc.)
- Experience of building APIs and interactions with higher management layers is a plus.
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience in an IC role in product development teams, and experience of being a key player in building at-least one product/solution end-to-end (from conceptualizing to market delivery).
- Desirable to have an active contributor to one or more patents (granted).
- Prolific communicator and motivator to keep the team motivated on the technical roadmap, breaking down larger vision into easily understandable deliverables.
- Capable of questioning the status quo in Tools, Processes and Technologies.
- Ability to facilitate and guide the team towards meaningful debates and discussions, and drive towards a consensus.
NOTE: This will continue to be an IC career track to scale the teams towards technological maturity and expertise.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.