QA/Ops Project Manager- (Returnship)
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks: healthcare, plenty of snacks, employee (and family) events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more. See what life is like at Nutanix by following us on Twitter: @NutanixCareers and Instagram: @Nutanix
What is a Returnship?
Nutanix is excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. The Path Forward Return to Work program at Nutanix is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Seeking a Project Manager with prior experience of successfully managing multiple technical projects in the software development domain, using Agile methodology. These projects may involve multiple teams, tools, applications and internal engineering systems development & deployment.
This candidate will be skilled in getting the best out of the project team members and projects they oversee, by effectively driving requirements, schedule, scope, and budget. The right candidate will be a driven self-starter, experienced working with cross-functional international teams.
- At least 5 years of relevant software development/engineering project/program management experience.
- In-depth understanding of software development lifecycle
- Expert in using agile methodologies; fluency with JIRA dashboards; ability to run scrums
- Ability to develop detailed project plans for medium and large sized projects across multiple departments
- Very strong documentation skills and ability to deliver a project plan using various PM tools (MS Project, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Ability to proactively identify, document, and communicate risks to a managed project; developing action and contingency plans as applicable
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to partner effectively with other team members of different backgrounds and levels of experience
- Experience with software testing methodologies, automation frameworks, quality metrics will be a big plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Professional certification strongly preferred (e.g., PMP, Agile)
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.