Software Developer (Virtual Machine Scheduler/ Xi Hybrid Cloud)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Nutanix, a leader in enterprise cloud, is looking to hire a Software Developer for the Virtual Machine Scheduler team. The team is responsible for delivering best-in class Virtual Machine scheduling algorithms for our Nutanix Hybrid cloud environment (Xi) as well as the enterprise cloud platform (on-prem). This is a team of highly motivated engineers solving complex distributed systems problems, ranging from Initial placement of Virtual Machines and Disk Snapshots within a cluster, to dynamic load balancing (Acropolis Dynamic Scheduler) within and across clusters to avoid CPU, Memory and Storage hot spots.
We are looking for candidates that are energetic, creative, excellent communicators with strong organizational and technical skills. Nutanix welcomes big thinkers, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
The candidate should be well versed in Agile principles. Able to run scrum teams, perform agile release planning and demonstrate through active projects.
- Deliver a best in class enterprise ready features and high priority bug fixes to the VM scheduler service, both on-prem and in the hybrid cloud
- Manage complex technical aspects of project and execute efficiently
- Collaborate with different cross functional teams to achieve the project goals
- Challenge status quo and push the team for better solutions
- Live the Agile principles and create a high performing team through them
- Help hire, mentor, and grow passionate individuals who work together well.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt to fast paced business environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent design and coding skills in any one of C/C++, Go, Python
- Experience in developing, deploying and scaling hosted applications combined with a devops model
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Can-do attitude while solving difficult problems spanning across multiple teams
- Comfortable working with RESTful intent-driven APIs
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving agile environment
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Knowledgeable and have used a broad mix of technologies such as Virtualization, Virtual Machine Scheduling algorithms, IaaS APIs, and so on.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.