SDN Automation Engineer
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
SDN Automation Engineer
Nutanix engineers solve datacenter infrastructure problems to offer consumers the same scalability and economics that cloud infrastructure providers enjoy with commodity hardware. We began by building a storage service with enterprise-grade features and consumer-grade user interface. Building on the same foundation, we created a VM management service, and maintain our own distribution of KVM. After virtualizing storage and compute, we started focusing on the remaining frontier: Networking. We've introduced a few features in this area, and now we want to expand the team and take on the next set of challenges.
We’re looking for senior engineers that know how to build and test scalable solutions, and keep them up and running by managing complexity and fault domains. Ideally, candidates should have experience with both testing and deploying SDN management and control plane software. Experience or familiarity with relevant open source projects in this area (e.g., Neutron, OVN, OVS, Quagga/FRR, Snabb, &c.) would be very helpful. We are also highly interested in candidates that have expertise in testing routing protocols and VPN technology.
- Test and automate a cloud-scale SDN solution.
- Collaborate with a small team of developers, test engineers, and product management.
- Develop automated tools and techniques for scale and performance testing.
- Work closely with development team to evaluate and improve bottlenecks in performance, scalability, and resilience.
- Engage with customers and support to solve production issues.
- 5+ years of experience in developing and/or testing networking solutions.
- Fluency in Object Oriented Python.
- Strong understanding of fundamental network protocols.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Experience with network troubleshooting and telemetry tools.
- Familiarity with virtualization platforms, particularly qemu/KVM.
- Experience on distributed systems and highly-available services.
- Experience in testing and automation of SDN solutions at scale.
- Experience in testing and automation of VPN solutions.
- Familiarity with tunneling protocols (VXLAN, GRE, Geneve).
- Familiarity with routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS).
- Familiarity or involvement with Continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Circle CI
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.