Advanced Practice Clinician - PA, Vascular Surgery
To see if this position qualifies for a sign-on bonus, click here: Valley Health Sign-On Bonuses
Please Note: To protect our patients, our workforce and our community, Valley Health is requiring that all newly hired employees and internal transfers (current employees requesting internal transfers) must have received at least one COVID-19 vaccination dose. Newly hired Applicants (those not currently employed by Valley Health) who have been offered a position will have to provide documentation of their vaccination status at the time of their Employee Health appointment. For internal transfers, Employee Health will contact you if they have questions around your vaccination status. Valley Health has a process for applicants who have been offered a position to request an exemption or deferral for medical or religious reasons. To search for vaccine locations, visit vaccines.gov.
- Entity: Valley Physician Enterprise (VPE)
- Shift: Day
Professional responsibilities for this position include approximately 40% inpatient care, 40% OR, and 20% outpatient clinic. You will provide perioperative care to vascular surgery patients in the ICU, stepdown, and regular surgical floor settings in close collaboration with the surgeons. This includes daily hospital rounds, admission H&P’s, discharges, and consults. PAs first-assist in all vascular surgical cases, including those in the hybrid OR. The surgeons perform a wide range of vascular surgeries, including EVAR (including fenestrated, snorkel, and chimney techniques), TEVAR, open aneurysm repair, CEA, TCAR (transcarotid artery revascularization), lower extremity bypasses, dialysis access, amputations, vascular traumas and emergencies, as well as endovascular procedures for arterial and venous diseases. The Vascular Surgery PA acts as the liaison between the surgeons, consultants, hospital staff, and patients to ensure continuity and highest quality patient care. The PA would need to have a team-focused mindset and excellent communication and collaboration skills. There is a 1:4 weekend and night call responsibility, with no in-house call. This position offers a highly competitive salary, full benefits, relocation assistance, and malpractice coverage.
PA must be a graduate of a program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission for Physician Assistant Programs (ARC-PA).
A minimum of two (2) years of experience in vascular surgery is preferred, but other candidates will be considered based on training and background.
Experience with open vein harvest and/or endovascular vein harvest (EVH) a plus, but not necessary.
Certification & Licensures
Possesses and maintains certification by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
Possesses and maintains an unrestricted license to practice in Virginia. Possesses and maintains an unrestricted DEA license to prescribe in Virginia
Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
• Must be thoroughly familiar with the principles and practice of a surgical PA. Must have a general knowledge of the operation and administration of a medical office.
• Must possess excellent surgical skills as well as well-developed interpersonal skills to work smoothly and productively with patients as well as administrative, nursing and physician staff
• Maintenance of continuing education required by Virginia Board of Medicine
• Must be able to perform activities that involve an independent evaluation or treatment of a patient’s medical condition
• Must be willing to receive additional training, as needed, and remain current on the skills necessary for the performance of required duties.
• The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status, and interpret the appropriate information needed in order to provide care for the age group of patients served
• Knowledgeable in the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological stages of human growth and development.
• Maintains and provides proof of CME requirements as put forth by the Virginia Board of Medicine.
BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) - American Heart ‘Healthcare Provider’ (HCP) - AHA approved required *
* New hires must have American Heart Association (AHA) appropriate certification prior to completion of orientation.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
16 B Advanced Practice Clinician