COVID-19 VACCINE INFORMATION: To protect our patients, our workforce and our community, Valley Health is requiring that all newly hired employees and internal transfers (current employees requesting internal transfers) be fully vaccinated. Newly hired Applicants (those not currently employed by Valley Health) who have been offered a position will have to provide documentation of their vaccination status at the time of their Employee Health appointment. For internal transfers, Employee Health will contact you if they have questions around your vaccination status. Valley Health has a process for applicants who have been offered a position to request an exemption or deferral for medical or religious reasons. To search for vaccine locations, visit vaccines.gov.
- Entity: Winchester Medical Center
- Shift: Night
Accountable Care Department Facts:
- 28 bed unit
- Medical Telemetry with Tele 1 Capability
- Quick turnover of patients (length of stay 2-3 days)
Why Join this unit?
This department is unique in the fact that the team will be completing beside rounds with numerous resources! Examples include; Case Managers, Charge RN's, CNA support, Unit Managers, Hospitalist MD's.
This promotes teamwork, communication and patient satisfaction!
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
The purpose of the role is to provide direct clinical supervision to assist in maintaining appropriate clinical standards and to facilitate the functioning of nursing units or assigned area for a defined shift.
What You Will Bring:
Bachelors Nursing preferred
BSN required or obtain by December 31, 2019
5 Years Healthcare/Medical - Nursing General
Required RN experience: Currently an RN III within VH, or meets criteria to be hired as an RN III (all 5 of the last 5 calendar years in a comparable acute care specialty setting) or Currently in a Non-Ladder RN position within VH with a minimum of 5 years of recent relevant experience or Currently an RN II within VH with a minimum overall rating of exceeds standards on most recent VH performance appraisal
Certification & Licensures
RN Nursing License required *
BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) - American Heart ‘Healthcare Provider’ (HCP) - AHA approved required **
National certification by specialty organization preferred (Force 1 and 14)
* Based on primary state of residency and in accordance with current Virginia Board of Nursing Regulations, must be licensed or eligible to practice pending licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia with either a: Multi-state license; under the Nurse Licensure Compact OR Single-state license, valid in Virginia only. ** New hires must have American Heart Association (AHA) appropriate certification prior to completion of orientation.
• Demonstrates ability to set priorities and make appropriate decisions. • Competent to provide care using the nursing process • Demonstrates mentoring, teaching and leadership skills. • Knowledge in the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological stages of human growth and development.
What You Will Get:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
*some benefits are subject to change due to job status
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
3rd party Background Check
VA State Police
20 A Nursing, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Patient Care Tech.