Fairview Veterinary Hospital is looking for an amazing Kennel Attendant to join our team!
- Providing compassionate animal caregiving to all pets boarding and/or hospitalized in the facility.
- Providing courteous customer service when admitting pets to the facility and returning pets to clients.
- Communicates courteously and professionally with clients over the phone and by email as well. When admitting pets to boarding, ensures all consent forms are signed; special instructions are noted, and pets’ belongings are properly labeled.
- Monitoring boarding pets’ behaviors, including eating, drinking, and elimination patterns, to identify potential problems and notifying a supervisor or DVM of concerns.
- Assisting LVTs, ACAs, and DVMs with patient restraint during treatments when requested.
- Providing enrichment and ensuring comfort and well-being of boarding pets through walking, feeding, playtimes, and access to clean blankets and food/water bowls.
- Bathes borders, perform nail trims, and cleans ears as required.
- Facilitates socialization of pets through approved supervised playtimes.
- Discreetly handles arrangements for deceased pets as requested.
- Assists with maintaining the cleanliness of the hospital, boarding areas, and grounds.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
- This job requires 30-40 hours per week, the schedule will include a combination of day, evening, weekend, and holiday shifts.
Why Work for Fairview Animal Hospital?
Fairview Animal Hospital is committed to providing compassionate care to the pets and families of Rochester and the surrounding area. Our team values integrity, honesty, and accountability. We have a passion for teaching our pet parents and growing our own knowledge. We believe in collaboration and teamwork! We use our talents to achieve our goal- which is providing quality care to our patients! We offer an AMAZING benefits package- which includes paid time off, 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, generous pet discounts, and more! Apply today!!