Experienced Veterinary Assistant
Elk Grove Veterinary Specialty & Emergency is looking for an Experienced Veterinary Assistant to join our amazing team!
At Elk Grove, we pride ourselves on offering a comfortable, friendly, and respectful work environment. We operate in parallel with our core values and hold each other accountable. We celebrate birthdays, pregnancies, milestones, and major life accomplishments! We invest in our technical support staff and offer professional growth and development options for all levels of technicians/assistants.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Be professional and courteous
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent communication and client service skills
- This position requires a love of animals and the ability to warmly welcome and compassionately care for a wide variety of pets
- Flexible availability including overnights, weekends, and holidays. Rarely, on-call may be required.
- Excellent animal-handling skills, with an emphasis on fear-free techniques, and the ability to properly restrain patients
- Demonstrate the ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion
- Preferred: One year or more of experience in a veterinary hospital
- Experience in anesthesia/surgery is required
We offer competitive benefits not only for you but your pets! Full-time employees are eligible for medical/vision/dental, 401(k), paid parental leave, PTO/sick time, and much more! We also honor 6 paid holidays. Visit our website for more information about our clinic: https://www.elkgrovevse.com/