Animal Care Assistant (Imaging)
Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Services are hiring a full-time Animal Care Assistant!
We are seeking someone who is excited about learning new modalities including positioning a patient for MRI and CT! The imaging ACA is an integral member of the team and essential for the smooth functioning of the imaging service.
The ACA is responsible for assisting the medical care team, including doctors and technicians, with providing high-quality compassionate care and client service including:
- assisting during imaging procedures including ultrasound, MRI/ CT, radiographs
- patient care and husbandry
- patient restraint
- client communication
The ACA will work collaboratively with the team, provide input, and take responsibility for showing the initiative to enhance hospital team function. The ACA position includes working within the hospital alongside other VSES employees and consistently contributes to creating a positive work environment through an excellent work ethic and attitude.The ACA must be able to effectively interact and communicate with the medical support team, client service representatives and doctors to ensure the highest quality patient care and client service, as well as to ensure a safe, respectful, and professional work environment. The ACA understands and embodies the MVA values of Trust, Compassion, Quality, Education, Honesty and Teamwork.
- This is a Full-time position with the Imaging service during day hours and 1-weekend shift/ week. The schedule is flexible and dependent on hospital operational needs. On-call responsibilities required. 3 holidays/ year requirement.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs, squatting, reaching, standing walking/ on feet most of the day, and able to handle large dogs a requirement.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience as an animal attendant or veterinary assistant, and have proficiency with animal handling and patient care
- Must have excellent communication skills and experience with medical record documentation, using medical terminology appropriately
On the job training will be provided by a full time ACA and other members of our team.
Why Work for VSES?
VSES is committed to providing compassionate Specialty and Emergency care to the pets and families of Rochester and the surrounding area. Our team values integrity, honesty, and accountability. We have a passion for educating our pet parents and growing our own knowledge. We believe in collaboration and teamwork! We use our talents to achieve our goal- which is providing quality care to our patients! We offer an AMAZING benefits package- which includes paid time off, 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, generous pet discounts, and more! Apply today!!