Licensed Veterinary Technician (Overnight)
Dulles South Veterinary Center is looking for a Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our growing team!
$5000 Sign-On Bonus!!
Are you looking for a new and exciting work environment that appreciates the knowledge and experience you have to offer? Do you have a passion for veterinary medicine and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Dulles South Veterinary Center may be the home for you! Two practices exist in the same building: Aldie Veterinary Hospital, providing general practice, and Dulles South Animal Emergency and Referral, providing emergency and critical care.
We are looking for experienced Licensed Veterinary Technicians to join our growing hospital for both day and overnight positions. We have a passion for high-quality patient care, 5-star client care, and education. Our Licensed Veterinary Technicians support our core mission by providing high-quality medical, surgical, emergency, and complementary veterinary services in one location; and achieve continuity of care through the collaboration of our own doctors, partnering with referring veterinarians, and consulting with specialists.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrate low-stress handling techniques mindful of creating a Fear-Free environment
- Clearly and thoroughly communicate in a polite and professional manner with clients
- Technical skills include but not limited to: venipuncture, IV catheter placement, administering IV/IM/SQ injections, endotracheal intubation, and urinary cystocentesis
- Induce and monitor anesthesia during and assist with a variety of surgeries and procedures
- Utilizing AVImark to maintain client and patient records
- Monitoring hospitalized patients, utilizing a variety of technical skills to provide superior nursing care
- Performing thorough physical exams on patients and recognizing abnormal findings
- Calculating appropriate drug calculations for oral and injectable administrations
- Ability to perform CPCR and manage traumatic injuries
- Preferred but not required: Ability to place Central Line Catheters and Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be available to work overnight hours
- Veterinary Technician License in Virginia, or have an active license in another state that qualifies you to be eligible for licensing
- The ability to handle stressful or emergency situations in a calm and supportive manner
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Experience is preferred, but we are willing to train new graduates.
We do accept experienced Technician Students, actively enrolled in a credentialed Tech Program. The level of experience will determine if they can be on a technician schedule.
LVT/RVTs with emergency experience a plus, such as placing PICC lines, central lines, CPCR, traumatic injury management, and advanced drug calculations. This experience is highly preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate if they meet our cultural standards.
- Healthcare benefits
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Uniform Allowance
- Generous Pet Discount
- Advanced Surgical Procedures
- A busy, seven doctor hospital that supports and utilizes your skills
- Commitment to practicing high-quality and comprehensive veterinary medicine
- A behavior-focused approach to patient care
- A collaborative team environment that focuses on training and individual growth