Hospital Animal Care Assistant
Purpose of Position:
Entry level position where Assistant learns the basics of hospital operations, patient care and nursing support, working under the immediate supervision of the veterinarian or veterinary technician/nurse.
Our ideal candidate:
- Highly motivated
- Team player
- Excellent customer service skills
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Stocking Supplies
- Maintaining a clean and organized hospital environment (facility/equipment/supplies)
- Assisting Veterinarians and veterinary technicians/nurses with closely-supervised patient care, treatments and procedures
- Assist Doctors with exams as needed, including taking histories and performing diagnostics
- Maintenance and cleaning of rooms
- Maintenance and cleaning of office and kennels
- Animal restraint
- performing tech appointments: vaccine updates, nail trims, etc.
- Filling medications for patients
- Handling/Packing of sterile surgical instruments
- Client communications including reviewing medication and go home instructions
- Cross-trained for front office duties such as answering phones, checking clients in and out, maintaining medical records, using fax/scanner and Microsoft Office programs
- Weekend availability
We invest heavily in our employees with many opportunities for growth and development! We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid parental leave, 401k, PTO, continuing education, and generous pet discounts!
Take a look at our clinic at: https://www.petspecialists.com/