Oregon State University - Thrive Pet Healthcare Student Ambassador
Thrive Pet Healthcare Student Ambassador
Oregon State University Veterinary Medicine
We want YOU! Our Student Ambassador will engage and educate veterinary students at the Oregon State University CVM. This student serves as the first line of communication between our company and the veterinary students and faculty at your school. This role involves hosting educational & networking events, emailing the student body, and communicating with our University Recruiting Team. Our goal is to highlight how Thrive Pet Healthcare supports veterinarians to practice their best medicine in a positive environment, while focusing on a balanced life.
Student Ambassador Responsibilities
- With students and faculty: send emails to student body and faculty with invitations to lunch or dinner meetings, updates on wellness and networking events, externships, internships, and job openings.
- With Thrive Pet Healthcare: establish regular communication checkpoints with your Thrive University Recruiter so that we can stay up to date on your happening and you on ours
- Coordinate meetings and networking events in partnership with our University Recruiting Team
- Ex- 4th year dinner, lunch meeting for all students, happy hour, interviews.
- Student engagement
- Circulate Thrive directed communication about our newest programs and opportunities
- Answer any questions your peers have about Thrive Pet Healthcare (with support from your University Recruiter)
- Recruit 1-4VM Externs, 4th year interviewees, and potential Interns.
- Compensation and time commitment:
- $2,500/year + membership to IGNITE Intranet.
- Commitment Timeframe: Beginning of Spring 2022 through End of Spring 2023 unless otherwise agreed
- Open to 2nd or 3rd year vet students.
Please email Paige Sandifer ([email protected]) if you have questions.
- Short questionnaire.
- Your résumé and/or LinkedIn profile.
- Once the questionnaire is submitted, you will be sent an email within 1-2 days to complete a 1-2-minute video about why you would enjoy being a Thrive Pet Healthcare Student Ambassador.
You take care of pets.
We take care of you.
About Thrive Pet Healthcare – www.thrivepetcare.com
Thrive Pet Healthcare is a leading veterinary service network that uniquely delivers a continuum of care to pet families and services to veterinary hospitals. With an industry-first membership program and over 400 acute, primary, and specialty providers, Thrive Pet Healthcare offers personalized, accessible care through every stage of a pet’s life and health. The veterinarian founded and led organization provides premier benefits for practice staff while elevating privately held veterinary hospitals with innovative service and technology solutions. By focusing on the needs and aspirations of veterinary care providers, thrive pet healthcare is supporting the wellbeing of the industry and raising the national bar for veterinary excellence.
Why Thrive Pet Healthcare?
- Diverse nationwide network of hospitals
- General Practice, Emergency, Multi-specialty, and Mixed Animal practices
- Collectively work as a team & independently practice medicine as doctors
- Emotionally intelligent, collaborative culture that supports your success
The Industry’s Choice Employer
Benefits for all veterinarians at Thrive Pet Healthcare:
- Competitive salary and opportunity for production bonus
- Veterinary Incentive Plan
- No negative accrual
- 120 hours PTO annually
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k w/ Employer match
- 8 weeks parental leave – full pay
- Support for family care – children, parents, pets & self
- Student loan repayment support
- Annual CE allowance for CE, licenses, and dues.
- Extensive career path opportunities
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.