Registered Veterinary Technician (ER)
Veterinary Technician – Emergency
Full-time: 3x12 hour shifts - day and overnight available
More than a word, care is present in everything you do. At Thrive Pet Healthcare Specialists Albuquerque, a Thrive Pet Healthcare partner, we take action to empower your best care for pets, their families, and yourself.
We are a community of 400 clinics forming an extraordinary network of unparalleled resources and people. Through outstanding learning and career options, comprehensive benefits, and abundant support, you’ll be nurtured and appreciated for who you are and what you bring to the table. We come together in both the joys and heartaches of our profession to lift each other up through laughter and empathy.
And, we have plenty of fun along the way!
Who we are
At Thrive Albuquerque, you’ll feel the warmth and openness of a small clinic, while having the opportunity and support of a united network.
We are a state-of-the-art facility at the base of the Sandia Mountains that provides emergency care for sick and injured pets as well as specialty and surgical treatments by skilled doctors.
Provide your best care with more bridges and less barriers.
Thrive Albuquerque is looking for an Registered Veterinary Tech to join our ER team.
As a Registered Veterinary Technician, you’ll play an important role in pets’ lives by providing end-to-end care for our precious patients. Your life-changing work will range from the hands-on care of facilitating outpatient treatments and performing laboratory tests, to support services including admitting and discharging patients.
- Patient Care: direct care of hospitalized patients from emergency, surgery, and internal medicine departments including medication administration, fluid monitoring, vital parameter monitoring
- Client interaction: triage incoming emergencies, discharge of outpatient and hospitalized patients, in hospital patient updates
- Anesthesia: monitoring of emergency surgeries and procedures, recovery from anesthesia, calculating anesthetic drug doses
- Technical skills: placement of intravenous catheters, medical math, radiography, troubleshooting fluid pumps, obtaining blood samples, placement of urinary catheters
- Interdepartmental communication/teamwork: opportunity to cross-train within multiple departments, case rounds with specialty doctors and technicians, opportunity to work multiple areas of the hospital, regular staff meetings
- Support veterinarians to ensure quality veterinary care, advocate for pets, and educate clients.
- Assist in maintaining relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems.
- Use safe restraining techniques, follow standard protocols, and sustain clean, sterile, organized treatment areas, exam rooms, and labs.
- Be willing to guide, mentor, and support fellow team members.
Experience & Skills Requirements:
- At least 2 years of recent experience at a veterinary practice
- Credentialed Veterinary Technician required
- Works well with a team
- Experience with animal restraint
- Excellent customer service
- Strong communication skills
You’ll Grow With Us
Here, you can grow your career as best fits you through access to comprehensive learning and skillset programs. You can build your skills and earn credentials through:
- Our vast, diverse, and free library of continuing education courses - ThriveU
- Live, virtual interactive workshops to develop valuable leadership skills
- A program to designed to teach you the fundamentals of running a pet hospital
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA Accreditation and become a Vet Tech through our fully accredited distance learning program for veterinary technicians
- Scholarship opportunities and tuition reimbursement
And, with so many locations nationwide, you can find and move into any specialty, hospital type, or environment. Join us and provide your best care at a clinic that is deeply rooted within its community and bolstered by the resources of Thrive Pet Healthcare.
Benefits – our care in action
We provide benefits spread comprehensively across your mental, physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing designed to meet your needs as a unique individual. Some key benefits include:
- Paid time off including 8-weeks of full-pay parental leave, bereavement to grieve both humans and pets, and time off for new pet adoptions
- Top quality medical, dental, and vision insurance plus health savings account and flexible spending account
- Pet perks including free exams, discounts on products and services, and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations
- Generously subsidized backup and ongoing care support for children, adults, and pets
- Mental health benefits including coaching and therapy sessions
- 401k with employer contribution and no waiting period
- Continuing education and development support through our library of free CE courses and paid time off to complete
- Scholarship opportunities and student loan support program
and so much more!
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.