Associate Veterinarian - Rochester Community Animal Clinic - Bonus potential from $75,000 up to $225,000!!
Bonus potential from $75,000 up to $225,000!!
If you are a veterinarian looking for a rewarding opportunity to be part of a fast-growing team, Rochester Community Animal Clinic (RCAC) wants to meet you!
RCAC is high-volume, high-quality spay/neuter & vaccine clinic serving Rochester, New York’s low-income community and numerous pet rescue & adoption organizations. Full or part-time opportunities are available.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Possesses (or is interested in developing) skills necessary to perform an average of 30 dog and cat spay/neuter surgeries per shift.
- Is able to oversee pre-, peri-, and post-operative patient care, anesthetic protocols, patient monitoring, and emergency response.
- Aspires to provide basic education & wellness care---including vaccines, routine testing, parasite prevention---to animals owned by low-income clients and rescue organizations.
- Exhibits a willingness to assess individual patient issues and provide sensible, low-cost, compassionate solutions.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and the ability to lead the team with caring, clear, and confident guidance and support.
- Is committed to openly communicating with the medical director by addressing patient concerns and staff needs, and offering positive suggestions for improving speed, efficiency, and quality of care.
- Has the desire and ability to work with our large and very active feral cat (TNVR) community.
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and working as part of a dynamic team.
What We Offer:
- A unique veterinary experience practicing high-volume, high-quality spay/neuter surgery and preventative medicine while experiencing the rewards of giving back to the community.
- Excellent compensation and benefits package including paid vacation, health, vision, dental, 401K plus match, pet care discount, 8-weeks paid parental leave, and opportunities for advancement.
- Full or part time opportunities.
- CE, uniforms, licensure.
- Flexible scheduling and work-life balance (weekend and evening hours are NOT required).
- The opportunity to work with a diverse clientele, including low-income pet owners, pet rescue groups, local shelters, feral cat TNVR coordinators, etc.
- Future possibility to provide more extensive out-patient care services, such as low-cost treatment of skin and ear issues, minor GI issues, minor ocular disease, etc.
- Possible opportunities to perform more extensive, affordable surgical care including (but not limited to) pyometra surgery, minor lump removals, small laceration repair, aural hematoma treatment, etc.
About Rochester Community Animal Clinic:
We are a committed, passionate group of individuals all working together toward our clinic’s unique mission. RCAC is devoted to improving cat and dog health through preventative care and owner education.
We offer affordable, high-volume, high-quality spays/neuters and wellness care to pet owners who may not otherwise be able to afford these important services.
RCAC partners with over 60 pet rescue and adoption organizations and collaborates with local shelters by facilitating grants to satisfy community spay/neuter needs.
We believe that by working with low-income pet owners, rescue groups, and other community organizations, we can ensure that more dogs and cats will have access to basic veterinary care.
RCAC is located in Rochester, New York, one of the state’s best-kept secrets. Nestled in the Finger Lakes region, Rochester is surrounded by lakes, forests, vineyards, and more. Rochester is also known for its exceptional quality of life with four beautiful seasons, many outdoor activities, low cost of living, and excellent schools for all levels. Rochester is a great place to live and practice veterinary medicine. If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, we want to meet you. Please apply today!
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, Rochester Community Animal Clinic wants to meet you! Apply today!
For more information, contact [email protected].
At Pathway, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.