Veterinary Practice Manager - Generous Sign on Bonus
Dodge City Veterinary Hospital is seeking a Veterinary Practice Manager to complete their team!
- This position is located in Denham Springs, Louisiana
- We are offering $5,000 sign on bonus and $5,000 relocation assistance!
Our Facility: Dodge City Veterinary Hospital is a full-service, 5 doctor veterinary hospital dedicated to providing the best possible care for animals. We provide pet care for ALL pets small and large, pet health checkups, pet surgery, dental care, spaying, and neutering services. We also provide separate cat and dog boarding services for pets. Our hospital's primary goal is to provide pets the highest quality veterinary care from puppy and kittenhood all the way through to their senior years.
Our Home: We are located just 30 minutes from Louisiana State University and Baton Rouge. The scenic city of Denham Springs with its historic district & Antique Village is an ideal place to stroll and spend the day. The area is also rich with historic sites and is an ideal place to live and practice veterinary medicine.
This is a full-time, salaried position with incredible benefits including health, dental, vision, 401K, paid parental leave, PTO, industry first paid purr-ental leave, amazing pet benefits, and more!
Qualifications and Requirements
- 3+ years of hospital management or Supervisory experience in Veterinary Medicine
- CVPM encouraged to apply
- Sound personal judgment in decision-making.
- Capable of leading, managing, and coaching staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated competence in all aspects of staff management, including hiring, coaching and disciplinary action.
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion.
- Demonstrates competence in budgeting and financial reporting, including reading and analyzing a P&L Statement.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A commitment to outstanding client service.
- Solid math and Excel/spreadsheet skills.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds without assistance and objects weighing more than 40 pounds with assistance.
Position Overview: The Practice Manager (PM) is critical to the success of the hospital, ensuring a positive culture built on shared values and direct communication, creating operational efficiencies, and problem solving to improve client service and employee engagement.
Key to the PM’s role is the ability to create and maintain a positive culture and work environment, in alignment with the hospital’s plan. This person is creative yet able to develop and implement practical programs. The manager exercises sound judgment, time management, and the willingness and capability to make decisions.
The PM oversees the business activities of the hospital. These duties include hiring and training hospital staff; working with leadership and finance to prepare and manage budgets; monitoring and analyzing key performance indicators; setting fees; maintaining inventory and an inventory control system; managing the hospital software; and implementing safety and security procedures.