Employee Relations Specialist
Founded in 2003, Thrive Pet Healthcare has grown from a single veterinary practice to over 400 primary, specialty, and acute veterinary hospitals throughout the US. Our mission is to nurture pets and their families through meaningful relationships and exceptional pet care. We aim to create the world’s most trusted, innovative and connected pet healthcare ecosystem.
We offer an AMAZING benefits package- which includes paid time off, 401k match, medical/dental/vision insurance, HSA and FSA available, parental leave, generous pet discounts, and more!
Our Employee Relations Specialists support our people managers through performance management and workplace conflict issues to cultivate an innovative, high-performing, and inclusive culture. This position is needed on-site, Monday- Friday, which includes a combination of day and evening shifts.
An ideal candidate will have a strong assessment of risk and bring creative and effective solutions to a growing organization. To support that objective, our Employee Relations Specialists focus on proactively addressing critical issues and can successfully conduct workplace investigations while advising our hospital leadership on challenging business situations. Balancing the time between proactive efforts and urgent response is a critical component for success in this role.
- Implementing and administering employee relations policies and procedures.
- Advising and educating hospital leadership on critical team member relations issues, e.g., harassment, business conduct, terminations, policies, guidelines and practices.
- Conducting investigations regarding potential misconduct and policy violations.
- Identifying and solving complex and highly sensitive employee relations issues including atypical situations where precedents for resolutions are unavailable.
- Providing resolutions to team member questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Interpreting and applying applicable labor and employment laws, regulations, and standards at the federal and state level, in consultation with the legal department.
- Partnering with hospital leadership to diagnose and resolve issues through proper questioning and risk assessment and the application of HR knowledge, including relevant policies, procedures, collective bargaining agreements and applicable law, to provide consultation that reduces risk and builds a positive work environment for the associates.
- Collaborating amongst the People Operations Teams to implement solutions.
- Compiling issue logs and complaints; providing feedback on team member policies, programs and initiatives.
- 3-5 years of experience in employee relations, veterinary industry is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including influencing and coaching all levels of leadership.
- Expertise in conducting investigations and skilled at documentation related to investigations.
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in influencing and strategically solving problems.