It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Pathway Vet Alliance is a veterinary hospital ownership and management support company that currently has more than 300 hospitals in our group. We promote an emotionally intelligent, positive culture that enables our team members to achieve their career vision and goals. Our support office team embodies our core values as we carry in our daily tasks. We are proud to be at the top of the industry with our robust benefits package offerings.
Under the direction of the Implementation Manager, the Lead Implementer supports the implementation of our chosen Practice Management Software and drives operational productivity through the development of standard operating practices.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Vetspire knowledge is a must
- Understanding of veterinary practice workflows and software requirements.
- Moderate knowledge of computers
- Project management skills an advantage
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of Pathway systems and content as needed
- Ability to be detail-oriented, organized, multitask, and prioritize jobs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of experience and education
- Proficient in written and verbal communications
- Knowledge of Vetspire PIMS an advantage or other veterinary PIMS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures timely completion of project tasks, maintains project plans, and establishes implementation best practices
- Ability to manage and prioritize your time – essential to role
- Facilitates and leads training to include webinars, in-person meetings, and other online coursework
- Ensures accountability in completion of self-paced training modules
- Assist in developing SOP’s to drive operation efficiency
- Facilitates project planning meetings and enables communication of project status
- Assists with change management when moving practice to their new PIMS and coding structure. Works with staff to understand the new Central Code structure.
- Identifies, communicates, and resolves barriers for implementation projects
- Evaluates practice needs, develops systems that support business processes
- Must be collaborative, reliable, and responsive
- To be solution orientated and empathetic
- Build relationships with all members of the ecosystem and local hospital teams to promote and support a positive team culture.
- Passion for pets and their health and well-being.
- Able to manage individual relationships within hospital teams and relationships of individuals and hospitals across the ecosystem(s).
- Provides expert guidance, technical support, and training for end-users onsite
- Supervises trainers by monitoring performance and ensuring success of project
- Manage travel expenses in accordance with company policy
Travel and Hours of Work:
- Travel will be moderate to high per month with a minimum of 2 weeks out of 4 each month
- Some travel could be required outside of business hours
- Working hours can vary, depending on practice opening hours