Kennel Technician (Overnight Shift)
Advanced Veterinary Care is seeking an experienced overnight Kennel Technician to join our team!
Our ideal candidate has at least 1 year minimum of Kennel Technician experience and is able to perform various tasks, such as; feeding, medicating, exercising, cleaning, and showing compassion and care for all pets under our care.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and record important information about the animals’ condition, behavior, and habits (elimination, eating, etc.).
- Notify the Doctor or a Veterinary Technician/Assistant of unusual medical or behavioral problems.
- General cleaning, and hospital maintenance
- Feed and medicate patients as needed
- Perform basic grooming services such as baths, nail trims, and ear cleanings
- Maintain laundry throughout the day and keep laundry area neat.
- Monitor and maintain the kennel inventory to include food, cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, etc.
- Assist Veterinary Technicians with patient restraint as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned that assist the Doctor, Receptionist and Veterinarian Technicians/Assistants in the smooth flow and operation of the clinic, care of clients and service to the clients
Why work at Advanced Veterinary Care of Utah?
We are a 24-hour specialty referral practice offering Surgery, Critical Care, and Emergency services to our clients' pets.
We invest heavily in our employees with many opportunities for growth and development! We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid parental leave, matching 401(k), paid time off, continuing education, generous pet discounts, and much more! Visit our website for more information about our practice: https://avcslc.net/.