Veterinary Customer Service Representative
General Summary: Greets and processes clients, answers phone calls, schedules appointments, completes transactions, and educates the public on basic pet care.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greets clients, uses practice management software, checks patients in and out of the hospital, keeps patient and client information up to date, schedules surgical appointments, processes medication refills, and creates and maintains medical records, answers phone calls and takes messages/transfers calls as appropriate, collects and processes client payments, maintains cash box, and emails and faxes documents, all in a timely manner. Follows instructions.
- Communicates pertinent information about patient care to clients and answers client questions about basic pet care, products, and procedures.
- Maintains reception area organization and cleanliness using aseptic technique and proper protective equipment.
- Stocks pet food, retail, and office supplies.
- Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently sits, stands, or walks for up to 10 hours a day, as well as reaches, grasps, bends, stoops, kneels, crouches, pulls, pushes, and crawls.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the services the hospital provides and the species it treats.
- Knowledge of pet care products including pet foods, pet retail items, and medications.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to communicate with employees and clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and ensure accuracy of payments, record entry, etc.
- Skill in operating equipment, including computers and software.
- Familiarity with employee handbook and safety protocols.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED required, previous experience in the veterinary field preferred but not required.