Equine Veterinary Technician Lead
$5,000 Sign On Bonus! This position is located in Elgin, Texas
Elgin Veterinary Hospital is looking for a Lead Equine Hospital Veterinary Technician to join their amazing team!!
We offer an excellent benefits package includes; paid time off, 401k match, group health insurance, Basic Life & AD&D Insurance, generous pet discount, paid parental leave.
The primary role of this position is to act as the Lead Technician in demonstrating and setting the standard of care and improving technical employee skill levels.
- Function in a leadership role that promotes delivery of high quality and compassionate patient care.
- Perform as an active member of the technician team including surgery, treatment, MRI, etc.
- Coach and train equine technical staff in skills and procedures.
- Assist with equine technician performance evaluations.
- Maintain and modify as necessary SOP’s for the Equine Department
- Team with doctors and interns to provide the continuum of care for all patients.
- Communicate with clients and referring veterinarians as needed.
- Monitoring and request supplies and equipment as needed.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Hospital and Office Staff to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Staff performance:
1) Participate in the evaluation of staff performance and implementation of corrective counseling when required.
2) Train new staff, assistants, and ongoing training for established staff.
3) Orienting staff to EVH policies, procedures, and assisting in writing protocols.
4) Working with the practice manager and medical director to maintain and manage nursing skill levels.
5) Recommending specific nursing training based on assessed skill levels.
- Work with practice manager and medical director to conduct technical staff meetings when necessary.
- This is a full-time position that may require overtime, on-call duties and other shifts such as weekends and nights when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Technician Lead will be a role model for the staff, exhibiting a positive, can-do attitude, have strong organization and communication skills, and ability to make decisions that are in the best interests of the hospital.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Computer Literacy required
Must be a very experienced technician with skills in critical care, anesthesia, and surgery.
A minimum of 3 years veterinary experience
Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
Maintain open, honest, and effective communication
Ability to delegate tasks
Excellent benefits package includes; paid time off, 401k, group health insurance, Basic Life & AD&D Insurance, employee discount.