Veterinary Hospital Manager
ACCESS Specialty Animal Hospitals is hiring an experienced Hospital Manager to lead our amazing team!
If you are interested in a unique opportunity to be a part of something great and want to lead a team of professionals dedicated to providing excellent patient and customer care, this is the opportunity you have been looking for!
ACCESS LA is one of the largest, most advanced, and progressive veterinary multi-specialty groups in So Cal. Our hospital includes Avian & Exotics, Cardiology, Emergency, Neurology, Soft Tissue Surgery. Unique to ACCESS LA, we also offer advanced orthopedic surgery in our nationally renowned Bone and Joint Center, 4 full-time Critical Care specialists to support our ICU, interventional radiology in Internal Medicine, and our Nephrology department offers the first and only fully functional hemodialysis unit in Los Angeles. We're doing big things!
We make decisions with our core values: service, empathy, quality, integrity. If that aligns with your values and you bring a willingness to lead, learn, grow, and collaborate, we'd love to hear from you.
The Hospital Administrator is to fulfill the leadership role as an “owner” of the hospital’s success. As such, the HA will be accountable for significant results across all areas of hospital performance and growth including revenue, productivity, staff training and performance, client satisfaction, and marketing effectiveness.
Who you are:
- A proven leader with 3+ years of hospital leadership experience
- Familiar with veterinary or human healthcare.
- A visionary who is constantly striving to find new solutions
- An empathetic leader who is able to connect with board certified veterinarians as easily as you can connect with client care representatives.
- Comfortable with adhering to given financial expectations.
- Confident with conflict resolution management.
- Able to exemplify the key personality traits that you're looking for in your successful team.
- Oversight of daily operations of the hospital
- Employee support, coaching, correction, development, and motivation
- Responsible for review and approval of financial decisions regarding clients including write offs, adjustments, billing, payment agreements, etc.
- Monitor and manage facility, administrative and labor costs pursuant to budget
- Guidance and leadership of all meetings such as lead or supervisor meetings, verifying that all action items from each meeting are handled before eliminating them from the list of Items to Complete. While other administrative personnel (Director of Operations, Hospital Owner, etc.) may also be involved or elect to lead specific meetings, the general expectation is that all meetings for all departments, services, and doctors will be organized and led by the Hospital Manager
- Training: Verifying that each trainer has the appropriate tools to adequately train the employees within their department, and coordinating with the Training Supervisor to determine the direction of individual employees or department leads/supervisors http://accessanimalhospitals.com
- Human Resources / Employee Relations: Meeting with employees on an as-needed basis to discuss any issues they may have, or ACCESS may have with them. Additionally, responsible for reviewing performance of employees that are responsible for: inventory management, operational system implementation, marketing initiatives, and financial processes
- Streamline and establish protocols for staff/client interactions
- Demonstrate and reinforce the highest level of client service. Function as client liaison, managing client relationships
- As a partner with the marketing team, help design and implement marketing strategy to ensure continual growth of the practice
- Participate in industry and community activities, while also developing new and unique marketing projects and events
- Reports to the Hospital Administrator
The Hospital Manager should ideally possess a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting or CVPM, and have 3+ years of hospital management experience in a large hospital setting
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Veterinary Management: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location