Licensed Veterinary Technician ***Sign On Bonus Available***
Dulles South Veterinary Center is looking for a Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our growing team! This position is located in South Riding, VA. South Riding is a community located in Loudon County- Virginia's 3rd most populous county.
Are you looking for a new and exciting work environment that appreciates the knowledge and experience you have to offer? Do you have a passion for veterinary medicine and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Dulles South Veterinary Center may be the home for you!
We are looking for experienced Licensed Veterinary Technicians to join our growing hospital. We have a passion for high-quality patient care, 5-star client care, and education. Our Licensed Veterinary Technicians support our core mission by providing high-quality medical, surgical, urgent, and complementary veterinary services in one location; and achieve continuity of care through the collaboration of our own doctors, partnering with referring veterinarians, and consulting with specialists.We offer competitive wages including a benefits package that includes:
- Healthcare benefits
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Uniform Allowance
- Generous Pet Discount
- Advanced Surgical Procedures
- A busy, five doctor hospital that supports and utilizes your skills
- Commitment to practicing high-quality and comprehensive veterinary medicine
- A behavior-focused approach to patient care
- A collaborative team environment that focuses on training and individual growth
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Demonstrate low-stress handling techniques mindful of creating a Fear-Free environment
- Clearly and thoroughly communicate in a polite and professional manner with clients
- Technical skills include but not limited to: venipuncture, IV catheter placement, administering IV/IM/SQ injections, endotracheal intubation, and urinary cystocentesis
- Induce and monitor anesthesia during and assist with a variety of surgeries and procedures
- Utilizing AVImark to maintain client and patient records
- Monitoring hospitalized patients, utilizing a variety of technical skills to provide superior nursing care
- Performing thorough physical exams on patients and recognizing abnormal findings
- Calculating appropriate drug calculations for oral and injectable administrations
- Ability to perform CPR and manage traumatic injuries
- Preferred but not required: Ability to place Central Line Catheters and Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Veterinary Technician License in Virginia, or have an active license in another state that qualifies you to be eligible for licensing
- The ability to handle stressful or emergency situations in a calm and supportive manner
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Experience is preferred.
We do accept experienced Technician Students, actively enrolled in a credentialed Tech Program. Level of experience will determine if they can be on a technician schedule.
LVTs with emergency experience a plus, such as placing PICC lines, central lines, CPCR, traumatic injury management, and advanced drug calculations. This experience is highly preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate if they meet our cultural standards.