Animal Care Assistant - OVERNIGHT
Come join ACCESS Specialty Animal Hospitals in South Bay! We are one of
the largest, most advanced, and progressive veterinary multi-specialty
referral groups in So Cal. We are comprised of emergency, critical care, cardiology, internal medicine, neurology, & soft tissue surgery!
We're looking for experienced team members to grow with us! We have a diverse and unique mix of personalities, including many "lifers" who love our practice, our people, and are proud of what we have created. We work as a close knit team with the emphasis on providing a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration.
The right person for us will be compassionate, resilient, and will possess a passion for teamwork and a willingness to learn. You should also have a minimum of 3 years as a veterinary technician.
Some required skills include:
- Obtain temperature, pulse and respiratory rates from patients with knowledge of what normal ranges are and when to alert the doctor. Understand how and why to check the mucous membranes and know what this means.
- Perform triages with an understanding of what a triage is and how to obtain a basic history from the owner. Know what triages are considered immediate.
- Perform nursing care for patients consistently evaluating the patient
- Give accurate and detailed patient rounds
- Patient ECK knowledge and know how
- Perform safe patient restraint for physical exam, blood collection, IV catheter placement, abdominal ultrasound, cardiac ultrasound.
- Perform in house laboratory snap tests including FeLV, FIV, 4Dx, Cortisol, Parvo
- Set up for and assist as needed for IVC placement
You should exemplify our guiding principles of Quality, Integrity, Compassion, and Service. We are performing extremely cutting-edge and complex procedures in a state of the art facility.
Benefits include: dental, vision, health insurance; paid time off, CE benefits, scholarships, support for obtaining VTS, in-house CE provided by our board certified specialists and regional director of education & development, infinite opportunity for development and growth, both personally and
professionally, and more. Compensation is commensurate with experience, skill set, and credentials.