Veterinary Medical Director
Corona del Mar Animal Hospital is seeking a dynamic Medical Director to join our team!
The Medical Director is a key leader in the hospital who partners with the practice manager and hospital leadership team to effect positive change, growth and development of the hospital. They are influential in the vision and direction of the hospital, and are actively involved in fostering a positive culture, while ensuring high standards of patient and client care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the highest standards of medical care, and foster a collaborative, professional environment within the hospital
- Work with the Practice Manager and Regional Support team to support the operational needs and financial goals of the hospital
- Attend and participate in the hospital leadership planning meetings with completion of goals within assigned time frames
- Attends current required Thrive Leadership and EQ courses within the first year of being Medical Director
- Organize and attend monthly Doctor meetings. Oversee Doctor scheduling
- Performance management of doctors, maintaining a regular cadence of one-on-one meetings to provide support, feedback and coaching. Targeted coaching and mentorship of new graduates.
- Lead doctor recruiting efforts and ensure onboarding and integration of new doctors into the hospital
- Policy and protocol development with focus on maintaining high standards of care in the hospital and optimizing workflow
- Ensure compliance with the Thrive Controlled Drug Policy, state and federal controlled drug requirements.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and recommendations with support of the hospital safety committee
- Monitor and oversee Doctor KPI’s and financial data to achieve budget performance and goals in collaboration with the practice manager
- Work to develop client relationships with the practice including handling complaint review and mitigation
- Maintain excellent relationships with referring veterinarians with outreach and communication
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent from accredited university with license to practice in the state of hospital location
- Specialty Board Certification may be required if supervising at a Thrive Specialty Hospital
- Maintain DEA registration as required by the Controlled Substances Act
- Should have minimum of 3 years of practice experience
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills. Must possess sound medical reasoning skills and strong medical ethics.
About Corona del Mar Animal Hospital
Corona del Mar Animal Hospital is located in the heart of Orange County! Success is all but guaranteed with supportive colleagues and an affluent community of pet-loving parents. Our general practice was founded in the 1960’s and has deep roots in the local community, evidenced by our number of annual patient visits. We are an established staff and robust team of general practitioners with nearby emergency and specialty veterinarians in Orange County. Our equipment includes state-of-the-art monitoring, in-house labs, digital radiography (including dental), ultrasound, and cold laser.
Even with all these bells & whistles, Corona del Mar maintains a "family feel" and is excited to add someone great to our culture. As part of Pathway Vet Alliance, you would also have a national network of colleagues, internal CE and personal wellness programs and a variety of professional growth paths.
Corona del Mar, or “CdM” as the locals like to say, is as beautiful as its name translated from Spanish is “The Crown of the Sea”. Nestled on the foot of the San Joaquin Hills and fronting the Pacific Ocean, Corona del Mar ranges along a bluff at the south end of Newport Beach and includes some of Orange County’s most prestigious residential areas surrounding a trendy seaside village. Our scenic community is conveniently located just 50 miles south of Los Angeles International Airport, 4 miles west of John Wayne Airport, 70 miles north of San Diego, and 1 mile from Newport Coast’s prestigious Pelican Hill Resort. CdM is known for its fine beaches, tide pools, cliff-side views, unique flower street names, and quaint village shops, restaurants, and businesses.
Thrive Pet Healthcare offers competitive compensation (no negative accrual!), a generous sign-on bonus, and relocation support where needed.
Our benefits package includes:
- employer-sponsored 401(k) match
- Generous sign-on bonus
- employer-sponsored health savings account (HSA) match
- flexible spending accounts
- employer-sponsored life insurance
- supplemental life and disability insurance
- legal & identity theft plans
- paid time off
- paid parental leave.
- subsidized back up care & family care benefits.
- veterinary-specific employee assistance program
- fertility/adoption/surrogacy support and discounts
- student loan education & refinancing
- a very generous veterinary service discount for your pets
- continuing education and an annual discretionary fund
VIP Program: Veterinary Incentive Plan
The industry-first program called the Veterinarian Incentive Plan allows current doctors and those who become a part of the Thrive team to elect to participate in the new bonus structure, which is based on tenure and company performance.
The program is eligible for current and new doctors who provide veterinary care at Thrive Pet Healthcare veterinary hospital locations and includes general practice, specialty, and emergency doctors. This includes both part-time and full-time doctors.
Or choose a generous Sign-On Bonus in lieu of participating in the VIP program!
At Thrive, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.
You take great care of pets and our clients... We take great care of you.
Questions? Reach out to MacKenzie McDonald at [email protected]!