Inpatient Coder - Remote / Work from Home
- Entity: Valley Health Corporate
- Shift: Day
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
Codes Inpatient, Ambulatory Surgery, Observation and Outpatient ancillary records according to coding guidelines.
1. INPATIENT and AMB ICD-10-CM DIAGNOSIS CODING ACCURACY: Assures that all principal and secondary diagnoses are abstracted from the patient record. Codes in accordance with accepted guidelines, maintaining >90% accuracy
2. AMB CPT PROCEDURE CODING ACCURACY: Assures that all CPT procedures are abstracted from the patient records. Codes in accordance with accepted guidelines, maintaining >93% accuracy
3. DRG ACCURACY: Verifies the correct Diagnostic Related Group (DRG) code for billing is assigned and “right coding” is obtained. DRG accuracy is maintained at >90% accuracy.
4. INPATIENT CODING PRODUCTIVITY: Codes a minimum of 2.5 inpatient records per hour.
5. AMB CODING PRODUCTIVITY: Codes a minimum of 6 ASN records per hour
6. PATIENT TYPE O CODING PRODUCTIVITY: Codes a minimum of 23 outpatient diagnostic testing records per hour.
7. OTHER CODING DUTIES/CLERICAL TASKS RELATED TO CODING: Refers appropriate questions regarding final diagnoses/operativeprocedures to the responsible physician by completing a query form. Appropriately follows departmental physician query procedures. Appropriately holds accounts to maintain a control and follow-up mechanism. Appropriately completes the coding of accounts in HDM and Epic. Assures all returned accounts are handled timely, accurately, and completely.
8. COMPLETES DAILY PRODUCTIVITY REPORT
What You Will Bring:
High School Diploma or GED
SuccSuccessful completion of ICD-10-CM/PCS courses required. Successful completion of CPT Coding course required. Successful completion of Medical Terminology course required.
Successful completion of Anatomy and Physiology course required.
1 year experience - inpatient acute care coding required
All educational requirements are required to be complete at the time of hire
Credentials must be maintained during employment as a coder
Computer experience required
Certification & Licensures
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or Certified Coding Specialist (C.C.S.) required
Valid driver's license and reliable transportation required
Detail oriented individual with ability to maintain a high level of concentration required Excellent communication/organizational skills required
What You Will Get:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible scheduling
- Onsite Childcare (available at some locations)
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
*some benefits are subject to change due to job status
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
6 A Customer Service