MTS - QE (System Test)
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks: healthcare, plenty of snacks, employee (and family) events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more. See what life is like at Nutanix by following us on Twitter: @NutanixCareers and Instagram: @NutanixJob Summary
Do you love breaking software? Do you relish the notion of finding bugs in complex software designed and implemented by top-notch software engineers? If so, Nutanix wants you.
We are building a unique game-changing product that will redefine the datacenter and we’re looking for the very best hackers that crave a serious challenge.
Nutanix engineers are creating a revolutionary technology, building the software defined data center. We’re using our love of programming and outstanding backgrounds to change the way companies virtualize their data center. At Nutanix, you’ll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas.
Our MTS - QE team is tasked with test planning, test design, test automation and test case development to assess and improve the overall quality of our products. As a member of the QE team you must have experience testing a 'systems' product (file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, or networking). The ability to think 'outside the box' is crucial in designing test cases to adequately and quickly assess the integrity of the product.
- Conducting requirements and design reviews of new features.
- Designing high level test approaches and implementing detailed test plans.
- Writing New Automated test cases for existing and new features.
- Executing automated and manual tests during product testing phases to find all bugs in your assigned feature area(s).
- Working closely with the Development team to analyze and find root cause of failures.
- Filing defects and tracking them to closure.
- Experience in test plan design and test case development for complex software projects.
- Ability to debug and extend automated tests.
- Experience testing a “systems” product (file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, or networking).
- Strong systems administration experience in UNIX, preferably Linux.
- Understanding of file system concepts and protocols such as: networked filesystems, logical volumes, journaled filesystems, tiered storage, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, and LUNs.
- Experience using virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, or Xen. VMware and Hyper-V is preferred.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 or more years of Software QA experience.
- Experience in testing clustered/distributed systems.
- Experience using and administering projects in a continuous integration. framework such as Jenkins/Hudson.
- Experience developing automated tests in one of following programming. languages: Python/ Java
- Ability to leverage open source tools for test development and execution.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.