Senior Windows Engineer
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
We are seeking a Senior Windows Engineer / Administrator with 7-10 years of relevant experience to join our world-class Infrastructure Engineering team. The right candidate will provide essential support for our critical infrastructure, utilities and core services. They will work with development and business assets throughout the company to gather requirements, provide advice, and assist in implementation of Windows/Infrastructure services.
- Strong customer service, prioritization, and communication skills to enable collaboration with other teams
- Excellent attention to detail and proven strong analytical/troubleshooting skills
- Deep technical knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Microsoft Server 2012 R2 through Server 2016
- Strong Scripting/Coding languages (PowerShell, Batch, Visual Basic, Visual C#)
- Enterprise system monitoring, log management and event analysis
- Enterprise security, patching, software, and OS deployment
- Demonstrates willingness to educate less senior staff
- Make recommendations to enhance system performance, security, and capacity
- Perform system software upgrades and test and deploy software updates and security patches in test, development and production environments
- Work directly with vendors and Project Management team to coordinate planning, design, installation, and support\upgrades of new and existing technologies
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Configuration Management tools like Salt, DSC and Git as Source Control
- Understanding of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Assists with policies and procedures as they relate to Information Technology
- Experience with Open Source DevOps tools
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.