MTS - UI Engineer (Manageability) (Returnship)
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks: healthcare, plenty of snacks, employee (and family) events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more. See what life is like at Nutanix by following us on Twitter: @NutanixCareers and Instagram: @Nutanix
Nutanix is the leading cloud software company disrupting the multi-billion dollar data center space. Founded in 2009, Nutanix became a publicly held company (NTNX) in September 2016. Our mission: Make IT infrastructure invisible with an enterprise cloud platform that delivers the agility and economics of the public cloud — One OS, One Click. At 2,700+ employees around the world, we're the fastest growing infrastructure company and we're just getting started! With our breadth of engineering expertise, dynamic culture and focus on customer delight, we have maintained an average Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 90.
"Design" and "Customer delight" are core principles in every step of our product cycle. Nutanix has a design first philosophy that brings consumer grade design and web scale engineering together to craft an amazing user experience.
- You will be closely working with the UX, Visual Designers and API, backend engineers to build a highly engaging UI that predicts and exceeds user expectations.
- You will also be partnering with the product management team to understand user needs.
- You will participate in process definition and technology selection to ensure appropriate testing of UIs.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Experience with REST APIs.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like LESS or SASS.
- Understands and respects UX and its role in the development of phenomenal UIs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- 4+ years experience working as UI Engineer
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation trade-offs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software.
- Experience with data visualization libraries (e.g. D3, Flotr/Flotr2).
- Experience with browser debugging and profiling tools.
- Track record of developing enterprise Web applications.
- Familiarity or experience with Python, Java is a plus.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.