Risk and Compliance Officer (SO1)
- Ensure outstanding (internal) customer satisfaction is achieved by becoming a strong advocate of Smartlines Group’s vision and values
- Quality Assurance
- Ensure the Compliance team conduct quality assurance reviews of loan application files, with a particular focus on compliance with key regulations including NCCP Act, Responsible Lending (RG 209), Best Interests Duty (RG 273) and Smartline / REA Group policies, while meeting volume/coverage objectives.
- Assist the Broker Monitoring & Advice Manager and Compliance Quality Manager with targeted reviews and broker conduct investigations, as required.
- Perform “Review the Reviewer” checks of post-lodgement reviews with a view to maintaining consistency of review activities and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify and document significant incidents and breaches (including their causes) and escalate these to relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training.
- Analyze application data per Smartlines data analytics toolkits when reviewing a loan application file to identify potential areas of concern.
- Work closely with Broker Monitoring & Advice Manager and Compliance Quality Manager to effectively address broker challenges on the file review results. Where required, ensure learnings are effectively communicated to team members and processes and procedures are updated as appropriate.
- Assist with the provision and ongoing improvement of quality reporting to identify focus areas and broker training needs.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of all relevant policies and standard operating procedures
- Assist the team with the implementation of new policies and practices
- Continuously look for new technologies and best practices
- Reviews loan and mortgage documents based on checklist of requirements to be used in the evaluation of loan application for Compliance;
- Reviews documents and identifies all relevant issues and concerns based on checklist of requirements consistent with existing laws, program policies, and guidelines to qualify for loan evaluation;
- Examines loan and mortgage documents thoroughly, exercising due diligence to ensure the sufficiency, legality, and acceptability of said documents;
- Persistently identifies possible alternative requirements as sufficient compliance to findings and endorses the same to the immediate supervisor for approval;
- Conducts personal validation judiciously on the identity and signatures of stakeholders and in a careful manner to ensure the genuineness of documents and signature/s of stakeholders;
- Carefully understands and analyzes the information gathered from the primary sources to determine the sufficiency of such relation to mortgage evaluation problem;
What we’re looking for:
- Have at least 2-3 years of experience with a similar role. Highly preferred within the Australian mortgage industry.
- Must have an understanding of key legislation, e.g. NCCP Act, Responsible Lending, Privacy Act, Best Interest Duty
- Must have had experience working in Banking and Finance or Financial Services
- Has sound skills across Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Great attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience in management reporting and conflict resolution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people management, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience in delivering process improvement, including documenting process and procedures
- Has excellent planning and organisational skills