Accounts Officer (SO)
We are seeking an experienced Accounts Officer to join our Finance team. The role is responsible for the accuracy
of the accounts receivable ledger and collections, resolving customer billing problems, and ensuring any aged
debtors are followed up on a timely manner. Ensuring the bank reconciliations are maintained and reconciled and
maintaining the fixed asset register. This position will report to the Financial Controller. You will be joining a team
of Finance professionals who work closely with the business.
- Allocating bank receipts to the correct customers in the accounts receivable system
- Monitoring the accounts receivable ledger and ensuring payments and invoices have been matched correctly
- Communicating (making outbound collection emails and calls) in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Monitoring and managing Accounts email in-box.
- Resolving customer billing issues, applying good customer service in a timely manner.
- Sending monthly statements to debtors.
- Communicating with internal stakeholders the status of receivables and escalating to management as appropriate.
- Completing bank reconciliations.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register, including addition and disposal of assets and running depreciation.
- Assisting with any other queries related to debtors.
- Assisting with month end procedures and annual and half year audit queries.
- A degree in accounting.
- Have a minimum of 2 years debtors’ ledger experience including interaction with a large customer base.
- Experience in performing bank reconciliations and maintaining a fixed asset register would be preferable.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills required, with a strong attention to detail and a “how can we improve and do this better?” attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook