3D Graphic Designer (SO2)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs innovative Plush and hard good products that align with the brand standards of our clients.
- Produce sketches, renderings, specifications and documentation that effectively communicate design intent.
- Participate in the all stages of product development to ensure that product can be 1) manufactured and 2) within cost
- Work closely with Creative Services Director and Senior Design Manager to ensure overall creative vision and standards are consistent with the goals of BD&A.
- Responsible for ensuring execution of all phases of design project needed for project completion (developing comps, art direction of photo shoots, securing illustrations, press checks, etc.).
- Provide creative direction of projects to design team so that client objectives are successfully met.
- Develop design solutions that demonstrate creative excellence for all phases of the design process (from concept to final execution).
Team and Departmental Leadership
- Uphold the creative mission and standards of both the department and BD&A, as set forth by CSD and BD&A management.
- Help run QC checklist and post-production issues when necessary.
- Assist in non-design related department tasks (file maintenance, archiving, supply management, systems administration, etc.).
- Ensure projects are completed within budget and on time.
- Ensure that all work maintains the high quality standards demanded by BD&A and its clients.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with clients (internal and external) and vendors to ensure the level of service quality always exceeds expectations.
- BA Degree in Graphic Design (or equivalent).
- 2-5 years 3D rendering/Illustration industry experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating creativity and skill relative to experience.
- Proficient with software: Procreate, Zbrush, Maya, Keyshot, or like 3D rendering program. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Proficient in 3D product rendering. plush, toys, point of sale Displays.
- Proficient in Illustration
- Knowledge of materials, plastic, fabrics, that would be used in manufacturing of toys and plush animals.
- Ability to hand or digitally render product concepts
- Excellent conceptual sketcher.
- Design and produce presentations and assets for new client pitches.
- Strong organization, communication, time management skills required; project/personnel management experience.
- Flexible; works well with change in a face-paced environment.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with other members of design group and clients.
- Requires moderate supervision; works under the direction of Manager/Director; works effectively within Creative Services.
- Proficient with standard Mac hardware systems (scanners, color printers, electronic communication/methods of transfer).
- Knowledge of the Basic Browser Practices and Standards.
- Maintain exceptional attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when interacting with BDA employees, outside vendors and clients.
- Effectively demonstrates ability to both lead and take direction.
- Exhibits high level of customer service to ensure smooth operations and satisfied customers/clients