Accounting Manager (SO2)
Accounting Manager – Client Funding:
The Accounting Manager – Client Funding will be an integral part of the accounting function at the Company and will be a key leader in reconciling multiple custodial bank accounts with high transaction volumes ($1 billion annually). This position will also be tasked with helping manage the client funding teams in Renton and Fresno, and working closely with members of the executive leadership team.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Complete monthly reconciliations for the custodial accounts, including research and follow-through of unreconciled items
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks
- Interface with outside auditors and be an manage the annual external audit
- Develop in-depth understanding of data flows and transactions and their general ledger impact and ability to articulate both operational processes and information flow through financial statements
- Review and analyze processes, accounting flows and internal controls to identify potential control weaknesses in systems or processes and impact on financial reporting
- Support banking and funding activities, including transactional review, and fraud monitoring
- Modify and implement monthly closing and reconciliation process for company’s custodial accounts
- Complete Opening Balance Sheet procedures for all mergers and acquisitions
- Manage the compliance aspects of client funding, including unclaimed property and state level filings
The Successful Candidate:
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an CPA with 4+years of experience in public accounting (Big 4 strongly preferred) with a work history with private, middle market clients. Additional Points if you also have private industry experience where you assisted in the establishment of a solid accounting function for a high-growth company.
- 4+ years of accounting experience in the audit division of a Big 4 public accounting firm and/or working as an internal audit manager with a fast-growth, middle market private company
- CPA required
- Ability to work in our Renton Office.
- Demonstrated understanding of large reconciliations with cash coming in and going out through multiple sources.
- Experience in financial services and/or treasury management
- Strong command of core internal audit functions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to be a proactive manager of a multi-state team
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (Vlookup, if statements, Pivot tables, Macros) and ability to perform financial analysis